Monday, October 26, 2009

Under His Feathers



Here are some beautiful portions from this passage that just really spoke to me the other day.
I thought I would post them here to remind us of our great protector.
Psalm 91

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."

3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.

4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.



9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—
even the LORD, who is my refuge-

10 then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.

11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;


14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."

Ooooo, this passage is so good. I love the words that God uses to show His might. I love that we rest in his shadow, he stands before us keeping us. He is a fortress a place for us to go when the world is beating us down. He covers us with His feathers under His wing what a picture of peace, protection and care. He is our shield keeping us from the arrows of the enemy, it is faithful. He is our refuge our God who we can trust 100%. And then to top it all off...He sends His angels to guard us.


This passage of scripture so clearly shows us how deep and how wide His love is for us. It also shows the great lengths that He will go to keep us from harm. Our God is big and mighty and does not give us too much to handle. He is always right there with us.


We must do our part by dwelling in His presence, love Him and call upon Him. Then He will be faithful to answer you, be with you, deliver you, heal you, bless you and save you!

Picture done by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!