Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Get Joy

I titled this blog "Get Joy", because it is theme that I try to live out in my life. I got it from a long time ago when I had an accountability partner and we would remind each other of this phrase when life seemed to bog us down. It has stuck over the years and always brings a smile to my heart.

So what does it mean to "Get Joy"? Well, to "Get Joy" means when we allow the joy of the Lord to consume our minds, our souls and our hearts. When we are walking in His joy, things of this world that discourage us suddenly are put back into the right perspective. When God is the source of our life, He brings us pure delight and He delights in us. He reminds us of how much He loves us and that He has everything in control.
His joy becomes our strength.

I love these verses about Joy!

Psalm 16:11
"You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

John 15:11
"These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full."

Nehemiah 8:10

Then he said to them, "Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our LORD. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."




So with that...
GET JOY!

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!