Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Proverb 3 "My Neighbor"

My dear friend has challenged me to read a proverb a day with her. So, here is the part of proverbs 3 that stuck out to me.



Proverbs 3
27 Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, When it is in the power of your hand to do so.
28 Do not say to your neighbor, "Go, and come back, And tomorrow I will give it," When you have it with you.
29 Do not devise evil against your neighbor, For he dwells by you for safety's sake.

Wow, I had to sit back and think about this one. Do I practice this verse with my neighbor? Sure we may say, yes that is easy to do with my sister or brother in the Lord. But, when that fellow Christian hurts you or does not do the same in return who is easier to practice this verse with? Sure it is easy to be kind to the unsaved; because we have an agenda that they would come to Christ. Sure it is easy to be kind to those Christians who are nice to you.

However, the verse is asking us to not withhold good when it is due. It is asking us to give when we have it. This verse is asking us to do good to our neighbor even when our hearts want the opposite. We are to do good to all, even if they never intend to give their life to Christ. We are to do good to our brothers and sisters in Christ even when they hurt us. Lord, help me to love ALL my neighbor as you would love them.


I will..
GET JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!