Monday, March 16, 2009

Proverbs 16 "Let go of the Bike"

9 In his heart a man plans his course,

but the LORD determines his steps.



"Our plans accomplish not what we intend, but God sees to be best for us and his cause", Family Bible Notes.

As a mom, I seem to do this with my children; I plan for them and try to work out things for them. Sometimes, I forget that God has an ultimate plan for them. I want to try to figure it all out and somehow control it. The bottom line is that I have to trust that God has the very best in store for them.

There are some things I just can't control as hard as I might. I can't control everything said to them. I can't control what happens to them at school to some degree. I can't watch over them every second. I can't worry about them every minute. They are growing up and God is determining their steps and for some reason I have a hard time that.

Bottom line is that I need to give them to God and his desires for them every day. I need to "Let Go and Let God" move in them, teach them, help them, protect them, guide them and to love them. He has their best interest in his heart and mind. He loves them more than me. Hard to believe, yet He does.

This past week was a week of first around our house. My baby is sitting up and rolling over. My oldest tried out for the high school musical. I was so nervous for her; but she went up on stage in front of a bunch of high school students, stated her name, her song and belted out beautifully "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". I was so proud. My middle girl had me take off her training wheels and learned how to ride a two wheeler. As I let go of the bike and she rode away, God reminded me that she is His. I have to let go of her many times in her life, and trust that she is in God's perfect hands, even if she falls. He is with all my children and He is directing their steps. How awesome is that?!

Sometimes I just need to remember to let go of the bike!

And with that I will...

GET JOY!

Check out my friend's perspective on Proverbs 16!

2 comments:

  1. I'm attempting to leave a comment again. I haven't had much luck with it lately.

    Isn't this so true, the learning to let go? And what a beautiful picture of God's way of letting us go, to follow His ways, yet still looking over us to keep us in His care.

    Your kids are growing up too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate-I had to let go of the bike last November when our oldest went into the Navy. Oh, I've tried to put my hands back on because the whole letting go is scarier for me than him. But riding is a lesson for us both. Thanks for the reminder. I will do better about letting go of the bike.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!