Sunday, March 29, 2009

Proverbs 29 "Anger Management"


Wow, today was a very busy day. I almost thought I would never get to this. Anyhoo, when I read Proverbs 29 two verses seemed to pop out at me.


11 A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control.

22 An angry man stirs up dissension, and a hot-tempered one commits many sins.


One of the guys in our youth group and I go to an "anger management" class. It isn't a real class; but it is a fun thing that we refer to when we are getting Annnggrrryy! Laughing about our anger issues sometimes can kind of help us step back and re-examine why we get that way.

Verse 11 cautions us to not vent our anger and keep ourselves under control; sometimes, it is so hard to do that. I want to say what I am feeling when I am angry; but, I need to remind myself that in the heat of a situation I need to keep my cool. What a great verse to memorize and get into my heart. I find I have the most difficulty with my family remembering this verse. Isn't funny that we can treat acquaintances better than our spouse and our children.

Verse 22, when we are not careful and let our anger control us, God warns us of two things. First, a person who is angry will tend to always be in the middle of disagreements and stirring up quarrels with people. Secondly, someone who is hot-tempered will commit many sins. Jesus warns us in Eph. 4:26 Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your wrath. It is okay to have feelings of anger; it is a part of how God made us. The problem comes if we act out on our anger in wrong ways. God is checking the motivation of our hearts again. God is always challenging us to be better and do better.

God help us control our anger and then we will...

GET JOY!


Check out my friend's perspective on Chapter 29!
The picture is of my sister at the Ann Arbor Childrens Sience Center. I thought it looked cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!