Thursday, March 19, 2009

Proverbs 19 "Drip..Drip...Drip!"

Don't you just hate it when you are lying in bed, trying to go to sleep and you hear...drip....drip...drip! It drives me crazy; but usually I'm to sleepy too do anything about it. My husband on the other hand has really great hearing and gets so annoyed about it. He jumps out of bed and doesn't sleep till the drip is taken care of.

When the Bible speaks directly to women my ears always perk up. "Hey, God's talking to me! So I think I better listen." Here in Proverbs 19 we come across two verses that speak to wives.

13 A foolish son is his father's ruin, and a quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping.


14 Houses and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the LORD.


God is speaking to two things that most women have trouble with, our mouths and money!

Okay ladies, I think verse 13 somewhat speaks for itself. I know that sometimes when I am angry with my wonderful husband I let that issue sit and fester. And how many of us know that when we do that they better understand how we feel about it?! Sometimes, I will argue with him until I am satisfied.

The Lord knows how our minds work women! So, He is speaking to us on this very issue so many of us struggle with. God is telling us not to be quarrelsome period. We will be like that annoying drip...drip...drip if we are. If we want to be a good wife, noble and pleasing to the Lord, then let's learn how to dialogue with our husbands in the correct way. I am going to just say it because I think it is true...sometimes we just need to shut up!


I believe the beginning tells us that we are talking about money issues in verse 14. God wants us to be good stewards with the blessings He has given us. The good Lord knows I struggle with this topic. I love to buy things for my kids. I love to buy gifts for anyone. Oh, I justify it with my heart is in the right place. Come on, I am not spending it on myself right? But, if it is not what the Lord wants me to use my money for than I am not being prudent. Going into debt is never using good skill or judgment with my finances.

"My money" is God's money. He has given it to us to bless us as a whole and to bless others. I need to use discretion in every purchase, whether it is the everyday latte or the big ticket items. Things add up quickly and we need to be wise with the bottom line.


Well, maybe you are thinking...wow, you were rough on me today God. But God in His wonderful way is showing us how to have a joyous life. He knows that when we have things under control things go more smoothly. He knows what is best for us and how to give us the best life. I want to be pleasing to Him. I want to be a wife of noble character. I want to be the wife that my husband wants to grow old with.

And with that...I will

GET JOY!

Check out my friend's perspective on Chapter 19!

1 comment:

  1. What a great reminder. I love your blog...thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)
    Nancy (Kobernik) Gregg

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!