Friday, March 5, 2010

Blast from the Past ~ My Dog

This is a post from my old blog!

Monday, August 20, 2007
Eowyn Drama, UGH!


Eowyn, my nice white dog after being in the rain and digging. Did I ever tell you she likes to dig? EVERYWHERE!


Two weeks ago a police officer pulls into our yard. He said that someone called in a complaint about our never ending barking dog. (I was thinking secretly..."Thanks God for giving me a reason to get rid of her... she is not fixable, right? Shhhh, don't tell anyone.) They didn't file a report or he would have had to give me a ticket for disturbing the peace. You got to be kidding me...what about me peace! So, $80 bucks bought us silence. Who ever invented a spraying no bark collar is a genius! Yeah, my dog has more money around her neck than I do.



So I feel like I am stuck in some sorta weird dog soap opera. Who knew there could be so much drama with a dog? It's like when you think things are just starting to settle down....Bam another 175 bucks! Yeah, Eowyn ruptured her Cranial Cruciate Ligament. I am right now like...What In The World! UGH! So how does a dog rupture her cranial cruciate ligament? Playing outside with me. UGH!

She was running...

and going up my deck stairs....

and twist to go a different direction....

and slammed right into the deck.

UGH!

I really do feel bad for her. For some reason all this drama causes drama with my girls too. I am afraid to tell them anything because "WE DON'T WANT THE DOG TO DIE!" UGH!

Treatment is to give her pain killers and a joint repairing medication. If that doesn't work it's a FIFTEEN HUNDRED DOLLAR SURGERY! All John said is, "NO WAY!"

So, I am asking all my friends and family to pray for our dog. Yes...it has come to this. UGH! Rachel in church asked the congregation to pray for Eowyn. Everyone was like "Awe poor thing"... and I was like "UGH"!

Pray for our dog and pray for my sanity.



Sunday, April 08, 2007
Eowyn, She is fearless and high-hearted. All love her




We have a new edition to the Johnson household. Her name is Eowyn, (Eh-Ah-Win) and she comes from middle earth. Well, at least that is where I am beginning to think she really comes from.

Actually, she is not a lady of Rohan but merely an American Eskimo. She is not a horse lover but I think she loves to pee a lot. Unlike Eowyn from middle earth who says, ""No living man am I! You look upon a woman." She is a dog.

We have adopted a dog to go along with our adopted hamster, Wilbur, who appeared to need a friend. She belonged to three others, before finally finding her way to us. My sister was the previous owner and says she misses her...but I think she lies.

We have had her for one week but it seems a lot longer. She is really good except, she has accidents, eats her poop, barfs, pees a lot, eats just about anything left on the floor, pees a lot, jumps on people, jumps on furniture, pees a lot, nips, barks, did I mention pees a lot, barks some more, and just recently likes to dig large holes in my yard and lastly pees a lot.

I had to take her to the vet because she pees so much (13x a day). They had me take her out and pee in a tray. I said, "You want me to do WHAT?!" She has a bladder and ear infection. They gave me a lot of instructions for her medication and I said, "You want me to do WHAT?!" Lastly, they told me how much the bill was and I said, "WHAT!" So $170.00 later I became an official pet owner.

Eowyn, is a beautiful dog and 10 years from now I know I will really love her. Welcome Eowyn, Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!