Wednesday, March 26, 2014

You Need the Right Stuff!!!


In studying of Joseph, I have learned so many things.  When faced with hard times, trial, or a disaster in one’s life I discovered that one must have character to make it through to the other side unscathed.  I am so impressed by this guy.  I mean come on... he was sold into slavery by his brothers and then thrown into jail falsely by his boss.  I wanted to figure out what it was about him that helped him not let his situation define and destroy him.  In reading, I discovered 10 characteristics one must grow in to face hard times with grace and honor.   Joseph is such a shining example of all of these characteristics.   

As a slave and a prisoner….
1.       He had a relationship with God. (39:2, 39:21)
2.       He was a hard worker and made the most of his situation. (39:3, 39:22)
3.       He was trustworthy. (39:6, 39:23)
4.       He had integrity. (39:8)
5.       He had self-control. (39:10)
6.       He remained pure. (39:12)
7.       He understood who he was and who God was. (40:8, 41:16)
8.       He was honest. (40:9-19)
9.       He was helpful. (41:33-36)
10.    He persevered. (41:46)

I want all of these characteristics to become a part of me.  When I allow God to develop all of these things, I know God will help me in hard times and circumstances.  Trials and bad things are going to happen, that is life….a fallen world.  But God helps us by not leaving us as we are.  All we need to do is ask God to help us be like Joseph. 

James 1:2-4
Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

And…

GET JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!