Saturday, March 21, 2009

Proverbs 21 "Getting to the Heart of the Matter"

2 All a man's ways seem right to him, but the LORD weighs the heart.

3 To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.


I have been struggling with an issue for a very long time now. Verse 2 seems to be speaking to me today about it. I have been a Christian for almost my entire life. I know the rules. I know the jargon. I know the right things to do. I even know the right attitude to have. I know what it means to be a Christian. But in my heart am I always a follower of Christ?

When hard times come, adversities or just plain difficult people come into our lives am I doing what is right and is the motive of my heart right? It is easy to do what is right most of the time; however, my motives may not be pure. God requires so much more of me. Sometimes that is hard and I want to just do the lazy thing. I will sacrifice what I want because that is what I am supposed to do.

But God is weighing my heart. He is searching it. There is nothing hidden from Him. I have given my heart to Him. He is carefully helping it become strong and worthy of Him. I need Him to guide me and help me do what is right and help teach me to have pure motives. Sometimes, letting God do something more, something deeper, hurts but in the end I will...

GET JOY!

Check out my friend's perspective on
Chapter 21!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!