Saturday, March 7, 2009

Proverbs 7 "The Apple of Your Eye?"


The seductress is the topic of chapter 7 again. God is showing us once again to flee from this type of immorality. God wants' us to listen to Him; we need to guard our hearts in the little things of our life. We do not wake up one morning and say, "I think I might have an affair, today." An affair is a result of a few choices that start a long time before the sin is committed. I think we would all be surprised how simple they start...

Oh, I wish my spouse was as romantic as so and so.

If my spouse would meet my needs things would be better.

Longing for compliments of the opposite sex.

The grass is always greener thinking.



Selfishness is found at the root. We begin to realize that it starts in the heart and is a battle of the mind. Sin does not happen to us; it is something we allow to dwell on and then do. God's design is for one woman, one man to death do they part. He designed this; because He understands the hurt and pain that can come when we look outside of our commitments. He is watching out for our best interest. Why? Because, He loves us.

So, here is the sum up...

you + someone other than your spouse= Sin

you + spouse = God's Design...Priceless



Verse to meditate on today found in verse 2:

"Keep my commands and live, And my law as the apple of your eye."

And with that...

Get Joy!

Check out my friend, Jen's perspective on Chapter 7!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!