Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hope in Grace


Hope in Grace
By Christina Johnson


Lost, blind, confused, trapped,
I am bound.
My chains weigh me down.

Helpless, weak, afraid, twisted,
I long to escape
From this prison I shape.

All the wrong I have done.
All my scars for the world to see,
My shame so far gone,
Sins too many for me to ever be free.

But then a tiny light
Begins to peel back the darkness.
Hope begins to fight
Love strengthens my weakness.

Deep within a Presence I face.
He came humbled, despised, and rejected.
God as man, died in my place
Such love unexpected.

How could I refuse such Hope in Grace?
As sin stained as I stand,
Grace undeservingly embrace.
Freely given as He planned.

Forever my chains broken free
Forever my soul made new
Forever my sin in the sea
Forever "Hope in Grace" for me and you.


GET JOY!


Hebrews 2:9-11

New Living Translation (NLT)
What we do see is Jesus, who was given a position “a little lower than the angels”; and because he suffered death for us, he is now “crowned with glory and honor.” Yes, by God’s grace, Jesus tasted death for everyone. 10 God, for whom and through whom everything was made, chose to bring many children into glory. And it was only right that he should make Jesus, through his suffering, a perfect leader, fit to bring them into their salvation.
11 So now Jesus and the ones he makes holy have the same Father. That is why Jesus is not ashamed to call them his brothers and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!