Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Some Kinda Crazy Faith

I have this wonderful friend at our church who has really challenged my faith in God today! We are praying together about a need that my family has. Wow! Was I humbled by her "Crazy" faith. I say "Crazy" because the world would see as just that "Crazy"! But when have I cared about what the world thinks????? Her faith is so amazing. She told me, "God heard her prayer and she is just waiting on Him to answer it." "Wow, Wow, Wow!" I thought. She really believes that my answer is already on the way. What do I need to do to believe it like her? I need to test God's promises!

Matthew 6:8
Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Matthew 7
7 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
8 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
9 Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?
10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake
11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Philippians 4:19
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

Matthew 18:19-21
19 Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.
20 For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.


OK I hear you God. Help me now to get it into my heart. I read up on a true story today about George Mueller. I find that reading about others faith really encourages my own. This amazing man trusted in God for everything. He never asked people for anything. He just trusted in God to provide. As a result he took care of thousands of orphans fully depending on God's provision. I challenge you to read about him. It will bless your heart. The amazing thing I researched was that his work continues even today. Check out the George Mueller Foundation! God's ways are so much bigger than our ways. What a testimony of God's provision beyond even what George could even imagine.

So, I am not going to tell you what we are praying for. I will tell you when God meets the need; because I am beginning to believe that need will serve more purposes than I can even imagine. It will be a fun testimony of His faithfulness. Friends, our God is able to do the impossible. I just need to believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psalm 50
7Hear, O my people, and I will speak, O Israel, and I will testify against you: I am God, your God.
8 I do not rebuke you for your sacrifices or your burnt offerings, which are ever before me.
9 I have no need of a bull from your stall or of goats from your pens,
10 for every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills.
11 I know every bird in the mountains, and the creatures of the field are mine.
12 If I were hungry I would not tell you, for the world is mine, and all that is in it.
13 Do I eat the flesh of bulls or drink the blood of goats?
14 Sacrifice thank- offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High,
15 and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honour me.

Help me Lord to have even more "Crazy" faith then my friend and George. My God owns everything and He ALWAYS meets our needs!

Have Faith and....
GET JOY!

1 comment:

  1. When all I have is faith to stand on, it's a real journey. Learning to get mySelf out of the way of God's way helps too. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!