Monday, May 7, 2012

God is Bringing People Together!

Have you ever played organized sports?  I did once.  I played girls softball in the 8th grade.  Hahahaha I laugh just thinking about myself playing that year.  You probably would have laughed at me as well.  Let's just say I am not a very sporty kinda girl.  I do much better with a paintbrush than a bat.  But can you imagine me being the only person on that team???  I was bad enough on my own.  Me.... being the only player would mean certain disaster. It just couldn't be done.  I need others to make up a team to play the game.   Actually, if were just me, my sorry one person team would just be disqualified and I wouldn't even be able to play. 


Well, church planting is the same.  I cannot build a new church all by myself.  The thought makes me actually shiver.  My hubby, as brilliant as he is, cannot do it by himself.  He would probably drop dead from a heart attack or have a nervous breakdown.  Ask yourself this question,  "Should one person start a new church all by themselves?"  You would probably come to the conclusion that the answer is NO!


Why? For two reasons...


#1.  It is God's job to build His Church! I love this verse...

Psalm 127

A song for pilgrims ascending to Jerusalem. A psalm of Solomon.

Unless the Lord builds a house,
    the work of the builders is wasted.
Unless the Lord protects a city,
    guarding it with sentries will do no good.

If we try to do any building on our own it is in vain.  I do not want anything I do to be useless.  I want it to have value.   I want God to be glorified. 


Because of reason...
 #2.  It is not about me!


It is about the body of Christ reaching out to those who do not know Him.  I cannot reach everyone; because of so many reasons.  The main reason that it is simply impossible for me to connect with 14,000 lost people in our new home town.  We need a team working together to accomplish such a task if we are to reach others with the good news of Jesus. 

Philippians 2:2

New Living Translation (NLT)
Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose.

What is our mind and purpose.   

Here is our mission statement... 


It has been so cool to see God bring together people that would never have worked together on their own.  God is building a core group of people to come and work with us in Bay City.   He is bringing together the right people, with the right skills, with the right personal stories to come together and do something amazing in our new town.   Here are some of the most wonderful people already coming to work with us.


 Pastor Chris and Pastor Elaine Hooton are both ordained ministers with the Assemblies of God.  They already live in Bay City and are so excited about partnering with us in this new church plant.  Pastor Chris is the coffee guru.  So expect an amazing cup of coffee when you come and visit our church.    He has such a passion for children's ministry it just makes my heart feel happy.  Pastor Elaine is very creative and full of talents.  She is a very remarkable woman of God.  She knows her way around a computer and graphic design too...thank goodness.   God knew we needed that kind of wonderful help.  John and I are so pleased to have them as part of the Riverfront team. 



Angie has been working with us at our home church here in Gladwin for a few years now and she will be commuting to Bay City to help out.  She is so energetic and so about building God's kingdom.  She has the biggest, most kind heart I know! She spent a year in Australia at Hillsong's school.  There she learned a great deal about ministry and God's plan for His church.  She is just one of those kind of people that make you feel so good after being with them.   



Even my family is joining in on the fun.  My parents just sold their home in the Detroit area and will being moving north.   They have so many talents and abilities that I would be writing on and on and on and on.  I think you got the picture.   My parents have been Christ followers for so long.  It will be fun to be in the same city working together doing what God has called us all to do. 

There are more people that I am sure will be joining us that I know about and do not know yet.  I cannot wait to introduce you to them in the future.  But for now we have the makings of the most remarkable team.  


I can hardly wait for launch day!  I am so excited!
GET JOY!



1 comment:

  1. I love that God is blessing you in these ways! how amazing that even your family gets to be a part of the fun. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!