Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Try Not To Explode!


My first graders very random conversation with me this morning....


"You know you shouldn't sneeze and fart at the same time!"

Of course I could not let that one go without further discussion so of course I asked her, "why?"

She replied, "Because you will explode!"

"Really...Explode!", I replied

"Well not explode like when you die" she said.

"Whoa we explode when we die...why was I never told this?" I thought to myself.

She then said to my surprise, "I exploded once!
"What?!" I asked in a very concerned voice. She then went on to explain that it isn't really exploding more like blowing up like a balloon which still caused me to probe this a little further...

Trying not to laugh, I then said, "I don't remember you floating away!"

My brilliant first grader than said, "I was to heavy too do that!"

I love conversations with 6 year olds!




The sad thing now that I am thinking about the conversation...I never corrected her on any of her thoughts. Yikes, I better remember to do that.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I'm cracking up. Some of the things my kids say! Their minds, I'm telling you...the imagination baffles!

    I'll work hard to try not to explode. :D
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. And if you plug your nose when you sneeze....?!?!!? Look out!

    That was too funny. And the great thing is, I can hear her saying it all just so "matter of fact".

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Love it! And I'm pretty sure here theories are air-tight.

    Thanks for linking up with Lazy Wed Walk

    The Lazy Mom
    www.imalazymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first thought was that sometime the 2 just go together...especially since I've had children. :-) I LOVE how kids think. If we just take the time to sit and listen, we'd really have no need for television.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeremy always asks if I told them the right word or meaning or whatever thing they got wrong. I don't always because it is just too cute the way they originally said it! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!