Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wednesday's Walk - One is Silver and the Other Gold.

When I was little girl there was this song in Girls Scouts that I learned.....
Make new friends
but keep the old.
One is silver and the other Gold.

I got to see my best friend from High School on Monday. I have not seen her in 17 years. Yikes, there is a lot to catch up on in an hour and a half during breakfast.

But, you know those people that you can go for years not seeing and when you get together you can pick up right where you left off. I felt like that with my dear friend Alanna. I had such a wonderful time talking about our hubbies, children, parents, jobs and a bunch more. It was a great time.

There was a few moments that I got really sad; because I wished we could have these moments all the time. After a few tears shed on the way home, I thanked God that this life is but a moment and I someday in heaven I can spend all the time I want with her and miles won't keep us apart. It made me smile.

Thank you Lord for the beautiful friends you bring into our lives, who make this journey sweeter.

Ideas for Wednesday's Walk if you can't think of any....
Do you have stories of reunions with old friends?
What is your favorite BFF story?

Precious, cherished Friendships always help me...
GET JOY!


2 comments:

  1. I love my BFF so I'm linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best friend is my hubby. But my BFF of the female persuasion is my cousin Sandy. We don't get to see each other very often. Actually, it is usually a few years between visits. But every time we see each other, the years disappear.

    I miss her so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!