Thursday, June 6, 2013

38 is Great!

The girls and I made this.  We printed them, cut them out, and strung them. So easy and so cute...except that I am not a MSU fan.  It would look better Maize and Blue!
My dear hubby turned 38 yesterday!  He is so wonderful.  So, the kids and I decided to make him feel special all day long. We made a "Food Bouquet" full of all his favorite goodies and the girls delivered it to his work.  Much better than flowers any day for this guy. We then had lunch together at McD's!  
So what was in the bouquet of food???...cheddar pringles, Mt. Dew, homemade
chocolate chip cookies, mini rolos, mini peanut butter cups.  

When he got home after his long day, dinner was waiting for him.  We made his requested birthday dinner homemade meatballs, mashed potatoes, and corn.  A very typical Johnson dinner.  LOL

My little baker made daddy's cake and cookies for the day.  She is at a point where all I have to do is put them in the oven. She is still a little nervous about that. The girls also help with the decorations. 

We sang and watched him blow out his candles.



 I made him take pictures with all of us.  We then sent the kids to bed and ended the night with a free birthday rental from the movie store.  Did you know Family Video did that???  We watched the newest Batman movie.  It was pretty good.  

Here is John's facebook status update from yesterday. 
"I sat in front of my birthday cake tonight racking my brain trying to think of what to wish for. You don't want to waste a birthday wish ya know. But I realized I have everything I want. I am so blessed. Tonight I blew out my candles and wished for nothing!" 
What a guy!
Happy Birthday My Love!
Get JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!