Friday, November 1, 2013

A Party of Epic Proportions!

In August we had a HUGE party for my dad's retirement and my sister leaving for her year long missions trip!  
And by the way doesn't my dad look great!

This party was interesting to say in the least.  We decided to celebrate all the holidays that my sister would not be with us over the next year.  We divided up the house into various holidays to celebrate.  It was open house style so people could come and go as they pleased.  You could celebrate every holiday in less than an hour.  

My sister had a wonderful display of her upcoming trip.  She even gave away a Starbucks Verismo. 
This is her backpack she is currently living out of.  We had guest stuff it with lovely notes of encouragement at the party. 
We celebrated my dad's retirement from HP in the living room.  Here are the cute cupcakes I made for his special day! 
Valentines day was in the foyer.  You could right a love note to a special person or leave one for my dad or my sister.  Oh and we had Easter eggs hiding everywhere.  April fools jokes could be found around every corner. 
Of course we celebrated my sister's birthday.  She wanted the world on her cake.  Here is our interpretation.  Her best friend Laura help me and my mom make all the fondant pieces.  
The dinning room was sooo cute for her 35th Birthday!  It is this month and she will be in Cambodia for her birthday.  
For Thanksgiving we went with a summer twist. Our caterer made amazing turkey & cranberry wraps, green bean salad, potato salad, corn casserole, and pumpkin brownies that were to die for!

Christmas was in my parent's newly remodeled basement.  We had a candy bar, hot cocoa, and for a brief time we had our traditional Christmas time Swedish pancakes.  We had Christmas movies playing and board games at the tables.  What a great time to relax and enjoy the season....HO,HO, HO!


We rang in the New Year with sparkling grape juice, noise makers, and party hats.  We had so much fun with the countdown we did it twice!  LOL

For a special retirement gift, one of my sisters customers from Starbucks came and played his bag pipes for my dad!  It was SPECTACULAR!  My dad is Scottish and is so proud of his family history.  He loved it!  It was so freakishly loud and wonderful all at the same time.  

His face says it all.  I love this photo!
We even has famous people come...an Astronaut! We love these people...so genuine and loving!
Ooooo I almost forgot....4th of July in the backyard and fall in the gazebo. 
We had yard games like bocce ball, corn hole, ladder ball, and horse shoes.  My sister had her slack line out and we had a hammock for relaxing.  Her friend and I did henna.  There were sparklers, smores, cider and doughnuts. Oh and a BBQ to top it off.  



We had probably 150 people in and out of that house.  It was crazy and extremely fun all at the same time.  We ended the night sitting around the living room with some friends, talking about funny stories and Jesus until the wee hours of the morning.  It was probably the best party I have ever been to and ever will go to.  My family is truly blessed with the most wonderful people that God has allowed us to have the privilege to know!  

Happy Retirement Dad and Godspeed Jennifer!
GET JOY!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!