Monday, January 14, 2013

Get Involved at the next S.O.A.P Outreach!

Here are the upcoming dates, across the country, for a S.O.A.P outreach near you.  Go to her website to get you and/or your church involved.

I will say this, Theresa does not hold back in her training.  She shows images that are disturbing and you will want to turn your head.  But a lot of the images are straight from ads in magazines you buy at the store.  It may be inappropriate for some; but it is time we get our heads out of the sand.  These are the images our kids see daily, whether you like it or not.

I will not apologize for the next statement...
There are many Christian men who struggle with pornography, more than you may think...half if not more.  But far to many times we ignore it; because it is easier than dealing with it.

I found this on the website, Christianity Today an article,

Porn's Stranglehold Timothy C. Morgan

"Seventy percent of American men ages 18–34 view Internet pornography once a month. This shocking fact is one of many that CT consulting editor John W. Kennedy found during his research for this month's cover story, "Help for the Sexually Desperate" (page 28).

Don't assume that porn isn't a problem in the church. One evangelical leader was skeptical of survey findings that said 50 percent of Christian men have looked at porn recently. So he surveyed his own congregation. He found that 60 percent had done so within the past year, and 25 percent within the past 30 days. Other surveys reveal that one in three visitors to adult websites are women."
And if you don't think that pornography has anything to do with sex trafficking
It is time to wake up and be very angry.  Behind every picture is a girl, many of them under the age of 18, who is someones daughter.  We do not know her story; but if this is what she does than it isn't for any good reason.    
I heard a statistic from Theresa Flores at the outreach.
2% of women enter the sex industry willingly choose that lifestyle.  Are you kidding me!  What about the other 98%?  They are modern day slaves.  
My sister shared this great quote on her blog the other day, you can read her entire blog here.  But here is the quote...
 William Wilberforce on the subject of slavery said the following: “You may choose to look the other way, but you can never say again that you did not know.”

This picture has haunted me all night.  Don’t look away.


SOAP Outreach Schedule for 2013:
Detroit Auto Show: Jan. 12
Mission Trip- includes hotel, transportation from Columbus, t shirt, some meals. $250 (for more details,
Super Bowl- New Orleans: Jan.25/1 & Jan.26
Arnold Sports Festival: Columbus OH:Feb.23
Daytona Bike Week: Daytona Fl:Mar.2
NCAA First Four- Dayton OH: Mar.16
NCAA Final Four-Atlanta, GA:Mar.30
Masters Golf Tournament- Augusta, GA (tentative ):Apr.7
PGA Memorial Golf Tournament: Dublin, OH: 5/25  (
NASCAR Sparta Kentuckyjune 22th
Bike Week-New Hampshire: June 1
Tentative Outreaches (looking for groups to assist in organizing the following locations)
Daytona Nascar- 2/16
NCAA First Four locations:
Auburn Hills Mi. 3/16
Lexington, KY 3/16
Salt Lake City 3/16
San Jose, CA 3/16
Austin TX 3/16
Kansas City 3/16
Philadelphia 3/16
Indianapolis 3/23
Arlington, TX 3/23
Kentucky Derby- May 4
Indy 500- May 18
Michigan Speedway Nascar- June 16
Nationwide Ongoing Outreaches:
Richland, Washington
Dallas Texas
Detroit Michigan
Dayton Ohio

Don't look away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....