Sunday, April 12, 2009

He Lives!


I love Easter! It is one of my favorite times of year. I love going to God's House and worshiping all that He has done and all that He is doing. I sang this song for church today, "In Christ Alone". I have been practicing it so much that my girls have been singing it. There are no greater words that I would rather have them sing. I have the song being played on the side follow along with the words and let it minister to your soul...



In Christ alone my hope is found;

He is my light, my strength, my song;

This cornerstone, this solid ground,

Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.

What heights of love, what depths of peace,

When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!

My comforter, my all in all-

Here in the love of Christ I stand.


That first verse is so encouraging. Boy! did I need to hear every word of it last week. I love how words of songs get into your soul. Then God takes those tunes and reminds you of them just when you need them.


In Christ alone, Who took on flesh,

Fullness of God in helpless babe!

This gift of love and righteousness,

Scorned by the ones He came to save.

Till on that cross Jesus died,

The wrath of God was satisfied;

for ev'ry sin on Him was laid-

Here in the death of Christ I live.


Thank you Jesus for dying for me. In your death I live, Praise God! I love you Lord for what you did even though I did not deserve it. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!


This verse makes me want to jump up and down and yell, Praise You Jesus!


There in the ground His body lay,

Light of the world by darkness slain;

Then bursting forth in glorious day,

Up from the grave He rose again!

And as He stands in victory,

Sin's curse has lost its grip on me (Thank You Jesus)

For I am His and He is mine-

Bought with the precious blood of Christ!


Oh what a promise this last verse speaks of. I have freedom. I have power. I do not fear death. I have Christ the son of the living God living in me.


No guilt in life, no fear in death-

This is the pow'r of Christ in me;

From life's first cry to final breath,

Jesus commands my destiny.

No power of hell, no scheme of man,

Can ever pluck me from His hand;

(Romans 8:38-38 one of my favorites)


Till He returns or calls me home-

Here in the power of Christ I stand.


I love Easter and all that it stands for. Today, I will...

GET JOY!



1 comment:

  1. i love that song. so powerful and so true. thanks for reminding me of it today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!