Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Proverbs 1 " I Ain't No Fool!"

Okay this is not an April Fool's joke. I am not doing Proverbs all over again. I just came into my friends challenge two days late. It is kind of fitting that I am doing chapter 1 on April Fool's day.


7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.


What is a fool? The dictionary says, "One who is a silly or stupid person; a person who lacks judgment or sense. A fool can also be a weak minded, idiotic person." In this chapter we learn that a fool is enticed by sin and ignores wisdom. Verse seven goes as far as to say a fool despises these things.


What is does it mean to be wise? The dictionary says, "Having the power of discerning and judging properly as to what is true and right." In Proverbs 1 some one who is wise is: disciplined, understanding, prudent, does what is right, just and fair. When we choose to believe in Christ, He doesn't ask us to check in our brains at the door. He wants us to use our minds and become wise.


I have learned so much from the book of Proverbs. I hope that I can apply these things to my life everyday and with that I will....

GET JOY!


Check out my friend's perspective on Chapter 1!
How do you like my son's hair? We were thinking about cutting it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!