Monday, February 8, 2010

Home with God!

Revelation 21:3-7 (New Living Translation)
3 I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them.
4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”
5 And the one sitting on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new!” And then he said to me, “Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true.”
6 And he also said, “It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega—the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give freely from the springs of the water of life.
7 All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be my children.

I love being at home with just my family. I like it because I feel that I can be completely free, completely comfortable and completely full of rest. Home has such a warm sound in my mind, it just makes me want to be there. Even when I go away for awhile, I am always am ready to come back.

We read this passage in Sunday School yesterday and as the words began to sink into my heart. God began to reveal something.... a truly loving part of Him. In verse three we hear this loud shout that God is finally home with His people. He longs to be at home with us. He wants us to be His people and He longs to be our God. He is not a distant far off God. He wants to be at home with us just like I love to be at home with my family.

My soul is beginning to understand the excitement of Christ return. To be honest, I was always a little scared of it. Now I am seeing the joy of being at home with God. Verses 4-7 are just so full of promise and just plain awesomeness (is that a word...well I am going to use it anyway). It begins to paint a small picture of eternity and God's Big Deep Love and Rich Mercy!

So with this all in mind I will sing the song by Kutless today...

All who are thirsty
All who are weak
Come to the fountain
Dip your heart in the stream of life
Let the pain and the sorrow
Be washed away
In the waves of his mercy
As deep cries out to deep (we sing)

Come Lord Jesus come(repeat 3 times)

Holy Spirit come(repeat 3 times)

As deep cries out to deep(repeat 2 times)



Heaven is becoming my deep longing. So come Jesus…Come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!