Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Oh To Be Twelve!


Birthday dinner with her grandparents and Aunt Jenni
I can hardly believe my daughter is 12 today!  I watched "The Fiddler On The Roof" yesterday and I am beginning to understand that "Sunrise, Sunset" song a little bit better, such phrases like...

Is this the little girl I carried,
When did she get to be a beauty,
Wasn't it yesterday when they were small?
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers,
Blossoming even as we gaze.

Sunrise, sunset, Sunrise, sunset,
Swiftly fly the years,
One season following another,
Laiden with happiness and tears.

I love what Tevye asks in the song.  It so clearly speaks to what my heart feels.  I will join with him in song....

What words of wisdom can I give them,
How can I help to ease their way?

Okay, I will stop being so melodramatic now; but, hey I am a mama of children who won't stop growing up no matter how much I beg, plead, and make them promise to stop.  


Skipping school for some birthday smoothies!
I love my girl!  She is turning into such a beautiful young lady.  She has the best personality.  She is witty, spunky, creative, beautiful, out going, even tempered, nothing shakes her, unique, quirky, a leader, and just plain fun.  I love that she constantly is making things out of duck tape, boxes, and just about any scrap she can get her hands on.  I love that she hangs around talking to her math teacher about math.  I don't get how a kid can love math so much?!  I love that she tallies everything...she is awesomely weird like that.  I love that she wanted a bible on her Kindle and wants to read the whole thing.  I love that she doesn't care what people think about her.  I love how she over exaggerates a bazillion times.  I love that she never...never...never wears matching socks.  I love everything about her. I love that she is mine. I love that she is more importantly the Lords.  


Excited about her Kindle...thanks Grandpa M!
What a cutie!

Her cute 31 organizer, duct tape and glow in the dark nail polish.
More crazy socks she can mix-n-match!

Today, we celebrate her life.  I made her an over easy egg for breakfast!  We took her and her BFF out for lunch and a bunch of McD's workers sang happy birthday.  Her friends at school decorated her locker.  I cooked for her a favorite meal...BBQ ribs, rutabaga fries, green beans, and an ice cream brownie sundae.  She opened presents and cards,.  She got her special "Happy Birthday" phone calls too.  And we are also having a big all nighter party this weekend with her dear friends (pray for me like you have never prayed before! I may be crazy or I will be soon). We pretty much made it all about her.....because she deserves it!  She is pretty cool!

Our precious 12 year old, WE LOVE YOU!


GET JOY!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely cannot believe that Rachel is 12! What a beautiful young lady she is... but where, oh where, did the time go? What a blessing she is! Love you all :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!