Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Strength In Numbers



Never, in all of my days, have I ever felt the strength of the body of Christ like I have today.   Today, we had a meeting with surrounding Assembly of God churches about joining with us as we start a new church in Bay City.  I am so encouraged as I see the family of God come together and fulfill the Great Commission found in 

Matthew 28:19.
Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Several churches are joining with us and helping us plant this new church in our new town.  I have never left a meeting so excited; because, seeing God's people working together to do something great is inspiring.  God is truly making church planting fun!   John and I felt such love and support.  I think simply knowing we literally have an army of believers surrounding us is empowering.  

We also want to encourage other churches to be planters too.  If we can help inspire pastors and lay people to do the same, we could not be more pleased.  Growing God's family in our town and other communities is our passion and God's desire.

At our meeting, we were able to share our vision, mission, and journey with these great men and women of God. We then were able to share some opportunities for them to become involved.   Here is our timeline, events and ministry opportunities that we are providing.   
 




Everyone, please join us in prayer!  We cannot do this in our strength.  We are finding that out very quickly.  We need God's strength and His wisdom every single step of the way.  If you cannot partner with us by sending teams or by giving, we ask that you partner with us in prayer.  God can do far more than anything we can come up with or contrive.  We need Him and His followers!  


If God is speaking to your heart about Bay City, please contact us.  We would love to hear from you.  Check in on my blog often and hear the amazing God stories that are happening each month as me move to our new home.  
Everyday, I am amazed about what Christ is doing. 
GET JOY!


2 comments:

  1. It was an awesome meeting! I was so energized by God's work for Bay City!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to see how God is bringing everything together for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!