Friday, August 20, 2010

Freeing the Fat Friday ~ Inner Beauty


I am finding that eating healthier is not as bad as I thought it would be. I have found that a lot of my problems were just not thinking about what I was eating or better yet...not caring. I have also come to the conclusion that eating right and exercise has to be scheduled. Summer around my house completely destroys, demolishes and blows to smithereens the very idea of a routine. I am not a schedule type person it goes against every fiber in my being and summer supports my nature.




Meals
I love, love, love my new web site that helps keep track of what I eat Sparkspeople.com ! It really helps. I am really getting a feel of 1,200 calories is every day. I have also found that the quality of food I have been eating is far superior to my nasty processed food I was eating.


I have also found that there are a lot of yummy options that are sugar free that really help. I have to still keep in mind moderation. Eating a whole tub of sugar free ice cream is still not going to help you free any fat. Nope the carbs or the fat content will kill you.


Exercise
Can I say another GRRRRRRRRR! This summer schedule is going to squash any consistent exercise program. I had a garage sale this week and my life has been consumed with it. With all the craziness...I hope it burns a few calories. : ) When school starts...exercise schedule WILL start.





My poor bike is lonely!


God's lesson for me!
God has so much he wants to teach me through this journey. One of the main reasons is that if I have a healthy relationship with food and stay healthy I can be an example to my children. God wants every part of me to glorify Him. I want my kids to see that in me! As my kids grow, especially the girls, I want there body image to be about what is going on in the inside and not about the outside. I want my attitudes to not be defined by my outward appearance but how God sees me. I want an inner beauty.


1 Peter 3:3-4 (New Living Translation)
3 Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. 4 You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.


I LOVE this verse it is my hearts cry. I want to be the woman that oozes Jesus. To be that....I need to die to self and its ambitions. I need to pick up my cross and submit to Him in everything....even my eating habits. I want this temple to bring honor to Him!
Food's favorite friend!
Smoothies....Can I get a Woo HOO! So easy to make and soooooo yummy! My kids love them! Here is all you need....

  • Fruit

  • Milk
  • Ice

  • Splenda (if you use sweet fruit you like a banana you might not need it...taste it and see)
  • Blender
Peach, strawberry, banana, you name it you blend it.
Mix them up...sneak some veggies.....and you got a great healthy drink. Keep your blender on the counter so you will think to make these wonderful treats. Use a fun cup and straw to make it even more fun for the kids. Try it ....they will love it!


Life Change Challenge

I am going to keep this at exercise until I get it right...pray with me on this one!


<>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!