Monday, October 12, 2009

I Peter 3:3-4


Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold and fine jewelry and fine clothes. Instead it should be that of your inner beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit which is of great worth in God's sight! ~What a great verse for women. God just knows how to get right to it. He knows just how we are and says this is what I want instead. A gentle and quiet spirit, oh how I long to be that ......and oh how hard it can be to be that.



I am an Anne of Green Gables fan. If you have not seen the movie or read the books it is a chick flick must! In the story Anne refers to certain people as, "Kindred Spirits" and it means some one of like character, shares same beliefs, same attitude, same emotions. My dear friend Jenilee fits every category. She is my Diana Berry (watch the movie LOL)! I have many wonderful dear friends that I have met over the course of my life and I love them all dearly; but nobody challenges me in my walk with the Lord like Jen does.

I think God understood our need for friendship and family. He even said in Genesis that it is not good for man to be alone. If we can find a true friend in our lives we are truly blessed. I laugh at how long Jenilee and I had together before I moved and when you measure it on the ruler of a lifetime our time together was like a blink of an eye. I met her in Petoskey. She was in our youth group (that makes me laugh too). But God knew I would need her friendship and allowed us to be together for a little while. I think God also knew He didn't want us together to long because we wouldn't get much done for the kingdom....we would be to busy eating at Hunan's and watching chick flicks while our kids played. LOL But, we were together long enough to build a life long friendship that would transcend miles and time.

I put this verse with this picture, because Jen fits the description of a gentle and quiet spirit. It is something I need to strive for and something I want to instill into my girls. Thanks Jen, for being my "Kindred Spirit".

Take the time to make a lasting friend and ...


2 comments:

  1. Friends are a precious gift from the Lord. What a neat tribute, Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make me cry!!! I miss you so much. Isn't it funny how God could have used such a short time in our lives to give us a friend forever?? I don't think it will matter where we live or how far apart we are or even how long it has been since we've last talked... we will always pick right back up, encouraging each other and loving each other. I dream of the day we can watch a chick flick while our kids play together. wouldn't that be something to see all 6 kids in the same room?? love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!