Monday, October 12, 2009

Romans 5:8





I love this verse, here it is...redemption for me...for you! Even when we did not deserve His great love, in our ugliness, in the muck, in the mire...Christ died for us. What an amazing gift that my mind can not even fully understand.


One of my favorite hymns has my all time favorite verses...


Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.


My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!


It is well, with my soul.


It is well, it is well, with my soul.


Thank you Lord, for the price you paid for the debt I could never repay. It is His sacrifice that allows us to be freed from the burden of sin.


I love my sister so much. She is dear to my heart in so many ways. Next to John, there is no one I can be more real with than her. I can be honest and open always with her. Daily, I am so thankful that she is in my life. It is funny because if you would have asked what I thought of her when we were growing up, I probably would have told you I couldn't stand her. There are many regrets from those days. I didn't know what I had when I lived with her, such time wasted. She has truly become more than even the best of friends...she is my dearest sister.


I am so thankful that we both have come to understand what this verse truly means. Our relationship with Christ has brought us even closer together than even I could have imagined 20 years ago. Life and growth in Christ has changed us so much. There are not enough times that I can express my gratitude for what Jesus has done for our family. He is truly a good and faithful God!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!