Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Romans 1:16


The book of Romans is one of my favorite books of the Bible. I love it so much because it so clearly lays out the plan of salvation. It tells us who needs, why we need and how to receive salvation. It has so many verses that are inspiring, reminds of the great price Christ paid and the great gift it is. So here is one of my all time favorites in Romans...

We have been studying Romans in our Sunday school class. I love the discussions we have been having and I loved talking about this verse. Paul declares why he is not ashamed of Jesus. He is not ashamed because he knows that through God there is life! If I had the cure for cancer I would not hide it away. No, I would give it to the world. I would want to save lives. But, unfortunately I do not have the cure for cancer. How much more should I yell it from the roof tops that I know the way of eternal life? So, Paul's "I am not ashamed" now becomes my declaration..."I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ!" This gift is for everyone! It does not matter who you are or what you have done. His love is for ALL who believe! What a great verse and a great reminder of His love and my call to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ!



Don't be ashamed...



1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!