Friday, December 10, 2010

Homemade Christmas ~ Bath Fizzies & Card Holder

Have I ever told you how much I love Martha Stewart??? I do and these are some of her ideas, Bath Fizzies & Christmas Card Wreath . I will post instructions and pictures here of the steps I did for the Bath Fizzies. I love the Card Holder! I think I may change the bow for birthdays, I never know where to put birthday cards...now I do. Both of these things are soooooo super easy!

Bath Fizzies
(the steps are from marthastewart.com with little add ons from me)
Supplies:
Baking soda
Cornstarch ( I use to play with cornstarch and water mixture when I was a kid...fun stuff)
Citric acid (bulk food or health food store)
Spritzer bottles (thank you American girl hair care kit)
Food coloring
Glass bowl
Essential oil ( I used vanilla and peppermint)
Step #1
Sift 1 3/4 cup baking soda, 1 cup citric acid, and 2 cups cornstarch through a sieve to remove chunks. To make different tints, fill small spritzer bottles with water and add about 6 drops of food coloring to each.



Step # 2
Pour 1 cup of powdered mixture into a glass bowl. Lightly spritz, stirring after each spritz, until powder is desired color. Add water slowly, so mixture does not fizz. If mixing two tints, alternate colors as you spritz. Check the consistency of powder with your fingers; when it can be tightly packed or shaped, stop spritzing (this may take a little while).


Step #3
Select an essential oil. Add 5 drops if it's one of the stronger scents (peppermint, lavender), 6 if it's a weaker one (lemon, grapefruit). Mix well. Firmly pack mixture into small baking molds. We used 1/4 cup for each fizzy, which is good for one bath. Allow mixture to set for 2 hours, then pop out carefully. Repeat with different tints for remaining powder. My pink ones turned out better than my yellow ones, I think because I used more water.

Step #4
Place in some pretty packaging and put a bow on it! This is a fun gift! Becareful with it they do break pretty easy.





Christmas Card Wreath

All you need is a sewing ring, clothes pins, hot glue, ribbon and get a few Christmas cards outa your mailbox! Hot glue the clothes pin (facing outward or some inward too if you have a bigger ring) to the ring. Then all you need to do is attach a bow, hang it and clip your cards on! I love this!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!