Friday, December 17, 2010

Homemade Christmas ~ Sachets, Scented Sugar, Soap

Need a quick cute last minute gift....well these are very easy to make and fun!


I am making a bunch of theses items for all the teachers at church. The girls are taking a basket full of fun things and will let the teachers pick from the basket the item they wish to have. I thought it would be fun new twist on gift giving. A lot of the ideas came from my dear friend Martha Stewart. (Yes, secretly I like to think we are the best of friends. ) So thank you Martha for your fun easy Christmas gift ideas.

Last week, I made Bath Fizzes!









Sachets


Sachets are a fun gift and easy to make. I purchased some wonderful Christmas potpourri, pretty material and some fun ribbon. Cut out squares and sew them up like little pillows and stuff with potpourri. These fragrant pillows are so cute and smell simply "yummy"!














Scented Sugars



I am doing vanilla scented sugar. The cute bottles came from Hobby Lobby....I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that store. Go here to read how to make them Martha Stewarts scented sugar.








Soap


Homemade soap is so much fun and possibly be me new favorite craft. It is so easy. All you need is a few things...


1. glycerin

2. food coloring

3. essential oil ( I used vanilla and peppermint)

4. molds or a pan.


Make sure you follow the directions on the packaging...very easy to follow.


For a layered soap you need to let each layer set 20 minutes, then score it, then pour next layer and then repeat process. I love my little tart soaps. One side note the layered soap was supposed to look like a candy cane but I forgot to buy white glycerin. There are two kinds white and clear.







Oooo these turned out cute too, my little pins,I blogged about these two Fridays ago. They will be in the basket too!


Merry Christmas




Pajama mama had some really adorable homemade book marks go check them out!!!!





2 comments:

  1. Aw, gee! Thanks for the link! And cool soaps! I'd love to find those in my stocking! I've got the tart tins, too...maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!