Friday, December 3, 2010

The Key to Christmas

The Christmas season is in full swing around here and it is only the 3rd day of December. So far, I have done something Christmassy everyday. I decided yesterday that I can't get enough of this holiday....I love it. I think I could hear the Christmas story 20 million times and it would never get old.

Last night, I went to a wonderful Ladies Tea in East Tawas, MI. It was fabulous! I had yummy cake, chocolate kisses and hot cocoa in a beautifully decorated community center. There were twinkle lights, presents with beautiful bows, candles and Christmas trees everywhere. What a wonderful way to begin this holiday season.

The best portion of the night was the message shared by a friend of mine Tonilee Cullison a message of the gift of Christmas, Jesus. There were so many beautiful things that she shared but one that stuck out to me was a phrase she used "Be yourself...everyone else is taken!"

In this crazy time of year where everyone is buzzing around from party to party and seeing friends and family that we see once a year it is so easy to fall victim to trying to be someone we are not. It may be for several reasons....haven't reached our goals, our life didn't turn out the way we plan, we want people to be proud of us, we want people to like us ...the list could go on and on. Sometimes it is just easier being something we are not.

At the tea we were given a handmade key chain (Isn't my purple key chain in the picture so pretty...God wanted me to have that one, He knows my favorite color is purple). Each one of the key chains was different and unique. It was to remind us that God made us unique with different qualities, character and abilities. We are homemade by Him! We are valuable to Him!

He knew us before we were ever born.
(I blogged about this verse before here)
Psalm 139
13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16 You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.
17 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered!
18 I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!

He has a plan for us.
(I blogged about this verse before here)

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

He loves us.
(I blogged about this verse before here)
John 3:16
For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

The Key to Christmas Joy is faith in Jesus Christ the son of God. When we believe in Him he fills the God shaped hole inside of us and fills us to overflowing with hope, joy and love!
Merry Christmas everyone and this holiday season please......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!