Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My 500th Post! Wowza!

I realized my 500th post was coming up for awhile now.  I find it crazy that I have written this many blogs; because I use to hate writing...I mean really hated it. I guess this means I don't hate it as much as I thought. LOL

 I have been pondering what to write.  My life has gone in a much different direction the last few months and that is why I have very few posts.  I decided that this post would be about God's plan.  

I always like to know where I am going on a trip before we leave.  I have a great photographic memory in regards to maps.  All I have to do is study the map and we are good to go. I like to have the directions all laid out before me and then I can go to my destination in confidence. That is how I like my life as well.  I like for God to tell me where I am going, how long it will take to get there, and what I will like for the journey.  

My life has been pretty simple like that.  I knew God wanted me at Bible College.  I knew that I would marry John.  I knew that God called us to each and every ministry we have been involved with thus far.  My life has been very plainly mapped out....and I liked it that way!  Predictable. Safe. Easy to Trust. Dependable.

Recently, we had our map all figured out.  We were going to plant a new church.  Our GPS was set and we were on our way.  We saw the path clearly in front of us.  

In May, God decided to show us a different path He immediately wanted us to walk down.  I did not like that path.  I could not see the directions.  I did not have a map.  The path looked really scary.  The path looked rough, hard, and not easy to manage.  I did not want to go down that path at all.  It meant stepping away from ministry for awhile...a long while.  It meant putting church planting on hold...that was not on my itinerary. 

But, since when do I get to decide what is God's best for my life.  Who am I to question what He wants to do?  Who am I that I should say, "Don't you think my way is better?"  Who am I to say that God cannot help me go down that rough road?  Who am I?

Romans 8:28

New International Version (NIV)
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

All I know that I am God's child, and if I am His then He is going to take care of me.  God never promised that our lives would be easy, He only promised that He would never leave us or forsake us.  He promised that He would provide all our needs according to His riches in glory.  He promised that what was meant for evil, He can make it for His good. I will trust in His promises.

Isaiah 55:8-13

New Living Translation (NLT)
“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
    “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so my ways are higher than your ways
    and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.


So, with this new journey God has us on I have to trust God in a whole new way.  You know what?  That is okay; because it means God is going to teach John and I things we did not know.  It means we are going in the direction He really wants us to go.  It means that I will have to let go and truly let God manage my life.  It means that ultimately God will be glorified in us; because of our obedience.  It means that we will walk in true victory and freedom!  So, we will drop everything, our old ways, our old thoughts, our old ideas, our old plans, our old securities, and just follow Jesus. 

Matthew 4:20
New Living Translation (NLT)
And they left their nets at once and followed him.

 I will drop it all to follow You, Jesus!  And when I do I will....
GET JOY!

3 comments:

  1. *hugs* and much love to you. I decided to not follow a Christian path in my life anymore, not that I am following a bad path, just different then what I was used to. I want you to know that I still consider you a very dear friend, and an inspiration as well. Knowing you has brought MUCH joy to my life, and I hope that never changes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had those times in my life too when the path took a sudden turn. I know that God has His plans for you. Jer. 29:11

    In life when my husband takes a wrong turn, and we get temporarily "lost" on our way somewhere...I always think of it as an adventure. (:>) He likes to be aware of where he is at all times...and I am more of a free spirit who enjoys the journey...even when I don't know where I am or where I am going!

    Many blessings to you on your journey!

    Love, Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely relate to changes in the map.

    Always know I love you and I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!