Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Brown Paper Lunch Bags!

Growing up my mom packed me a lunch for school until the day I graduated from high school.  My mom made great lunches so I was never sad about not being able to purchase food from school.....well, except for pizza day maybe.  

These brown bags have shown up at our house this week.  And I could not be more excited for the reason.  Today, I made my hubby a lunch for work.  John started his new job after a 1/2 of a year trying to find something....anything.  We finally know that God has him right where he needs to be.  Each step of this journey we have been on has lead us here.   

God does His part!
It has only been by God's provision that we have gotten this far.    I can not escape His care.  He has been in all the details of our lives, which I cannot deny.  



Matthew 6
25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are?27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
28 “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, 29 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?
31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.


My devotions today were a great reminder of His hand in our lives. There have been so many countless, miraculous ways God has provided for us over the last 6 months from checks in the mail to winning a $100 gift card for being the 12th caller...the list is endless.  God has been so faithful.  He has been so good even though it seemed extremely scary and we could not see how it would all work out.  

But if God really takes care of the birds and the flowers....surely He will take care of those He loves, which is us.  He will give as all that we need and be all that we need.  He can see the beginning and the end.  He knows our stories more personally than anyone.  If we could only grab a hold of that and believe that He is working all things out for our good.  

Romans 8:28

28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.


Someone told me recently that God always answers us.  He is never late.  But He is also never early (that is a hard one).  He answers exactly in His perfect timing and we may never know all that means this side of heaven.  He is working so much in the details of our lives and the lives our life touches.  We could never comprehend all the details.  Our life is kind of like a ripple, we never know how far out that ripple goes and who will come in contact with that ripple and be moved by it.  

I have to do my part!
I think one of the biggest hurdles for me this past 6 months has been that last verse Matthew 6.


“So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today."

To live today and not plan, manage,and control the future has taken some serious letting go.   We are not guaranteed tomorrow, we cannot even figure out what will really happen.  We can only live this moment.  Have you really tried living in each and every moment...it is hard if you have always lived for the future and your plans.  

If we were honest with ourselves we would answer this question, "What really can I control?"  Your answer will inevitable be...  I can't control anything, just my own reactions to what happens. But God controls everything; we are in the palm of His hand.


"I can't...
God can...
I might as well let Him!"


When I try to manage my life and control it, it is like I am slowly trying to grip on to my problems instead of releasing my life to God.  When I grip and pull it close to me, I am not letting God really have all of me.  It says to God, "I don't really trust you to manage my situation".  I have felt the struggle of pulling back each and every finger to release my life to God and trust.  I have to do it everyday.  It is hard.  It is painful.  It is freeing!



If you are struggling because you don't have a job, you face sickness, your marriage is falling into pieces, you have lost a loved one, your finances are in shambles, or anything that you may be struggling with...God hears you.  He cares about you and He will meet your need and be all you need.  The answer will come for you in just the right time.  God will help you, comfort you, and answer you. 

Psalm 116:2

Because he bends down to listen,

    I will pray as long as I have breath!


If God will do all that for me, I know He will do it for you.  He has never failed me and He has never failed you.  People fail...God does not.  The condition is we have to open our grip and release our lives to Him.

May He show Himself to you this Christmas season and may we open our eyes and ears to see and hear Him.  


Live this moment and....
GET JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!