Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sinful Red Velvet Cookies




I had these the other day at our Library....




I got the recipe from recipe zaar




SERVES 5 -7 , 24 -30 cookies
Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) brick cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup butter, room temperature (1 stick)
1 egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 (18 ounce) box red velvet cake mix
confectioners' sugar, for rolling and dusting



Directions
1In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth.


2Beat in the egg.



3Beat in the vanilla extract.



4Beat in the cake mix.



5Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to firm up so that you can roll the batter into balls.I've chilled batter overnight and it comes out fine.



6After batter has chilled and you're ready to make the cookies, preheat the oven to 350°F.



7Roll the chilled batter into tablespoon sized balls and then roll them in confectioner's sugar.



8Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.



9Bake 12 minutes. The cookies should remain soft and gooey.



10Cool completely and sprinkle with more confectioners' sugar, if desired.



11To make these devilishly rich, I also top the cookies with cream cheese frosting, which is simple to make. I use Bev's Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe #55530), but double the vanilla. Or, if I'm making them for people I know have more of a savory tooth than sweet, I'll triple it to a full tablespoon.


I made these for our Superbowl party, they were a hit.


Ooooohhhhh, cookies will help me.... (LOL)

1 comment:

  1. Oh now those look delicious!!!!

    My mom makes her cookies only from cake mix. Like chocolate chip cookies, ect. They are so delicious and always soft and gooey!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!