Wednesday, January 27, 2010

31 Virtues for our Kids ~ Biblical Self-Esteem

Biblical Self Esteem

For the month of January we will be praying for 31 Virtues for our Kids maybe even for ourselves too!

Ephesians 2:10 (New King James Version)
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.




I love this one! I love praying for my children to have well rounded, Christ centered, good self-esteem. I want them to have a godly confidence. So when they look in the mirror they see what God sees in them, the beautiful creation that He is so carefully painting inside of them. I got to share at Jr. /Sr. High Camp on this very topic, it is dear to my heart.

God really knew how to speak to me when He uses ideas that are artistic like Him being the potter, creator, us being his workmanship. I love art and these ideas just really help me to get. When we are His he is working in us chiseling away the things that are not of Him and revealing more of Christ. God wants us to be a masterpiece that is used for His glory. He wants us to do good works ....we should want to because of what He has done for us.

I don't want the world defining my children for them, which will lead them to vanity, pride, selfishness, disappointment. I want them to see themselves as God sees them and I want them to have self-esteem rooted in Christ. Then they will have the courage to do mighty and awesome things for His glory.






*"Help my children develop a strong self esteem that is rooted in the realization that they are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus"




*by Bob Hostetler, it is excerpted from Pray! magazine issue #4, 31 Biblical Virtues to Pray for Your Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!