Sunday, January 24, 2010

What are you going to do about it? ~ Primal





This chapter is titled "The Tribe of the Transplanted". Basically, to sum it up when we give our hearts to God, He gives us His. We receive a new heart and what are we going to do about it?
I like this paragraph because it made me stop and reflect...

"Let me ask you a question: what will kill you if you don't do it? What makes you glad or sad or mad? What puts a holy smile on your face? What causes your spirit to sob uncontrollably? What makes you pound your fist on the table our of righteous indignation? Somewhere in the mixture of that gladness, sadness and madness is your God-ordained passion. Or maybe I should say compassion, because you are feeling what God feels. And once you identify it, doing something about it isn't optional. You can't not do something about it!"

If you have this new heart than it breaks for the things that breaks God. I mentioned last week that your feelings for Haiti were a great measuring stick for where your heart is. Did you weep? Did your heart break? Did you give?

So far I am really enjoying this book. I love books that really get you to dig down inside and ask the really hard questions. He ends the chapter with this..."The only question that remains is this: what are you going to do about it?"





My friend Jenilee over at My Awake Journey is doing an indepth study on this book go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!