Tuesday, January 19, 2010

31 Virtues for our Kids ~ Love for God's Word

Love for God's Word

For the month of January we will be praying for 31 Virtues for our Kids maybe even for ourselves too!

Psalm 19:9-10 (New International Version)

9 The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever.

The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous.

10 They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold;

they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb.
When I was little I loved hearing the amazing stories of David and the giant, Daniel in the lions den, Noah and the ark, Moses and the burning bush, Jesus calming the storm and so many more. I remember the felt boards used in Sunday school. The picture books at home read to me by my parents. When I was little I loved hearing the stories found in God's Word.

Funny how those feelings haven't changed much in me at all, I still hang on to that childhood wonder. I still love hearing and reading the glorious stories. But they really are so much more than just stories. It is God's Word for us, to teach us, to mold us, to guide us on this road of life. I am reminded of the verse found in Psalm 119:105 (New International Version) Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. So many times God shows me how to live this crazy life.

I definitely what my kids to love God's Word today and for the rest of their lives. I want them to enjoy the stories the truths found there. I want them to be able to remember God's love during the tough times that life brings. I want them to know His word in their hearts so they can live in confidence in Christ. His word will be there rock.
*"May my children grow to find Your Word more precious than pure gold and sweeter than the honey from the comb."


*by Bob Hostetler, it is excerpted from Pray! magazine issue #4, 31 Biblical Virtues to Pray for Your Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!