I was going through all my junk the other day...rummaging through my purse and found something that I want to share here for the month of January.
I picked up this flyer somewhere by Bob Hostetler, it is excerpted from Pray! magazine issue #4, 31 Biblical Virtues to Pray for Your Kids . I am going to go through one a day and write a little about each one. Let's then commit together to pray for our children each day for each topic.
Here is the list...
- Salvation - Is. 45:8, 2 Tim. 2:10
- Growth in Grace - 2 Pet 3:18
- Love - Gal. 5:25, Eph 5:2
- Honesty and Integrity - Ps. 25:21
- Self-Control - I Thes. 5:6
- Love for God's Word - Ps. 19:10
- Justice - Ps. 11:7, Mic 6:8
- Mercy - Lk 6:36
- Respect (for self, others, authority) - I Pet. 2:17
- Biblical self-esteem - Eph. 2:10
- Faithfulness - Prov. 3:3
- Courage - Dt. 31:6
- Purity - Ps. 51:10
- Kindness - I Thes. 5:15
- Generosity - I Tim 6:18-19
- Peace-loving - Rom 14:19
- Joy - I Thes 1:6
- Perserverance - Heb 12:1
- Humility - Titus 3:2
- Compassion -Col 3:12
- Responsibility - Gal 6:5
- Contentment - Phil 4:12 - 13
- Faith - Lk. 17:5-6, Heb 11:1-40
- A Servants Heart - Eph 6:7
- Hope - Ro 15:13
- Willingness and ability to Work - Col. 3:23
- Passion for God -Ps. 63:8 KJV
- Self Discipline - Prov. 1:3
- Prayfulness - Eph 6:18
- Gratitude - Eph 5:20, Col 2:7
- A Heart for Missions - Ps. 96:3
So, as we begin a new year lets begin first by praying for these virtues for our children and let's see God do some amazing things.
Stop by every day and lets check out what God wants us to focus on for that day!