Wednesday, December 23, 2009

31 Virtues for our Kids ~ Growth in Grace

Growth in Grace

For the month of January we will be praying for 31 Virtues for our Kids maybe even for ourselves too!


2 Peter 3:18 (King James Version)

18But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Grace Defined by dictionary.com

Favor
Good will
Mercy
The freely given, unmerited favor and love of God
The influence or spirit of God operating in humans to regenerate or strengthen them
A virtue or excellence of divine origin: the Christian graces
Also called state of grace. the condition of being in God's favor or one of the elect.




I really like all of these definitions. The last ones really go a bit further in regards to our walk with Jesus. Sometimes growing in grace can be really hard and tedious, much like my rose bushes in my garden. For some reason I have a really hard time growing these beauties. They seem to really need that extra green thumb and tender loving care that I do not possess. I was given a rose bush by my family for mother's day two years ago. I put in the ground and did nothing to it. Sadly, it died a quick death. I went and purchased another rose bush and I pruned it, water it, sprayed it with bug spray, found a nice sunny place and even put a ton a leaves around it to protect it during the winter. I was able to get a few blooms out of it before the summer was over and we shall see what happens next year.

My prayer is that my children grow in grace. I pray that they will be merciful, show favor and good will to others. But more importantly I pray that they would understand the grace that was given to them through salvation. That they will also come to know Christ great love and allow it to regenerate and strengthen them. What a great thing to pray into their little lives.


*"I pray that my children may grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"
That I may also find myself in a "State of Grace" and there I will...


*by Bob Hostetler, it is excerpted from Pray! magazine issue #4, 31 Biblical Virtues to Pray for Your Kids

The rock is in my garden...I put there as encouragement to my flowers...I don't think they listen to it very well though. A shout out to my sis....she took the rose picture~ I love it! I just love the gerber daisy pic. of my daughter...it makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!