Wednesday, December 23, 2009

31 Virtues for our Kids ~ Salvation

Pray for Salvation - Is. 45:8, 2 Tim 2:10
For the month of January we will be praying for 31 Virtues for our Kids maybe even for ourselves too!

Isaiah 45:8 (New International Version)

8 "You heavens above, rain down righteousness;
let the clouds shower it down.
Let the earth open wide,
let salvation spring up,
let righteousness grow with it;
I, the LORD, have created it.

2 Timothy 2:10 (King James Version)

10Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.









Tears ran down my face as I saw my two girls come up from the water on a beautiful Sunday morning this past Thanksgiving weekend. My daughters decided to be baptized. As I watched them declare their decision to follow Jesus my heart was overwhelmed with thanksgiving. What an appropriate weekend to be baptized on.

I remember when my sister (age 9) and I (age 11) in 1987 decided to do the very same thing my daughters were doing that weekend. I remember that it was my decision not my parents. I also knew that I needed to grow in Christ and become more like Him, at the ripe old age of 11. I am always amazed how much young children grasp and understand.

As a parent, there is nothing I want more for my kids then to know Christ love, His salvation and His life giving promises. Everyday, we need to pray for our kids salvation and what we as parents can do to guide (not force) our children to Christ. I always appreciated my parent's guidance in my faith. They never in any way forced me to be a Christian and I never felt that. My decision to follow Jesus was 100% my own and that is so reassuring to me as a Christ follower. My faith is my own.






I want my children's faith to be there own as well. I want them to feel free to ask questions...even the tough ones. I want them to be able to explore all that God has for them. I also want to provide everything they need to grow in the salvation that was so freely given to them in Christ Jesus. Part of that provision is covering them in prayer....

*"Lord, let salvation spring up within my children, that they may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory"



God's salvation will help us and our children....


Here is a great link to learn more about salvation in Jesus Christ!


*by Bob Hostetler, it is excerpted from Pray! magazine issue #4, 31 Biblical Virtues to Pray for Your Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!