Tuesday, March 9, 2010

31 Virtues for our Kids ~ Peace-loving

Peace-Loving

Over the next few months we will be praying for
31 Virtues for our Kids maybe even for ourselves too!



Romans 14:19 (New International Version)
Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.


"MOM, sissy touched my stuff!" "MOM, she won't leave me alone!" "MOM, she is looking at me!" "MOM, tell her to get off of me!" "MOM, she is hurting me!" MOM, she is being mean to me!" "MOM, MOM, MOM!" Yikes, sometimes my house doesn't seem too peaceful or loving at times. Sometimes, my home is just enough madness to drive this 34 year old mom to the nut house.


Yet, during these times somehow I have to teach them to be peaceful and loving. That is hard to do when little girls are looking at you with angry eyebrows, arms crossed, and a stomping foot. Maybe, you have seen that look at your house too?!


What a valuable lesson to learn at an early age, because we all know it doesn't get easier as we turn into adults. Adults they run into can be a lot more mean, more stubborn, less forgiving and hold on to grudges for far too long. I actually find that kids forgive easier, love easier and get over it easier than us grownups. So, if they can get this making peace thing down as they are young that can carry that into adulthood.


I also have to remember that I am their example and live peacefully with one another. I think God wanted me to hear that today...so God I will do my best!


*"Father, let my children make every effort to do what leads to peace."





*by Bob Hostetler, it is excerpted from Pray! magazine issue #4, 31 Biblical Virtues to Pray for Your Kids


That picture is of me when I was little. It is the same look my girls give me. hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!