Friday, March 5, 2010

Blast from the Past - Stories About Me

"Warning" this is very long ...this post is really for my benefit so I can have all my blogs in one place.

Friday, December 12, 2008
Miracle of Christmas


Lately, I have been wondering, when I look at my son, what Mary must have felt in that stable so long ago. Did she really understand all that was happening that night? She must have known that it was something far greater than anything she could imagine. Why else would an angel have come to visit her? For in that cradle was her baby, the son of God

When my son was placed in my arms for the first time my heart ached for him as I kissed his soft head. My eyes gazed into his. My ears longed to hear his steady heartbeat. So when Joseph placed the King of Kings in her arms can you imagine the depth of love that came from her heart? Not only was she holding her son but also the God of the universe the Savior of her soul.

How blessed Mary was to serve her Lord in such away; to wipe his tears when he cried, to feed him his food, to picking him up as he learned to walk. I do things just like this for my children and it is a way of expressing my love and care for them in that someday when they are grown that they will love God and do His work. But Mary she was preparing and caring for our Savior the one who would die for all of us. As she sat at the foot of the cross can you imagine at all her feelings and thoughts?

Mary was just a person like you and me. When she thought of who He was and who she was did she feel inadequate? But yet God choose her. Maybe, Mary knew that it is in our inadequacies that is when God becomes strong and enables us to the job we feel that we simply could never do.

Lord, help me to be more willing to do what you have called me to do. To serve you faithfully like Mary; to love you because you first loved me. Thank you, my Father, for coming and purchasing my salvation on the cross so long ago. Help us all to know that when we ask, you come to live in our hearts. You are more than wonderful and your love, Oh God is rich, is pure, is measureless and strong, and it shall forevermore endure. So this season when you see a small baby remember Christ, remember the miracle, remember His love, remember the price He paid, remember the precious gift that is given to all, and remember our job to tell the world about our Lord and Savior, Jesus.


Wednesday, September 17, 2008
A word from the hospital!
Current mood: drained
I feel a little disconnected from my world; so I thought I would make an attempt while I have a chance. So here is what happened on Monday:



We arrived at the hospital at about 7:00 am. We then began the induction process after many attempts to help little Micah come out, it was to no avail. My doctor came into the room and said I was just not making any progress and it was time to consider a c-section, which I was not thrilled about at all. But, in a moment when your child maybe in some sort of danger it wasn't a hard decision at all in fact my yes came with great certainty. He was facing the wrong way, head was not straight, and his heart rate dropped with every contraction and later we did find out that the cord was around his neck. So off to the surgery room…

When I was wheeled in there, all I could notice was the bright lights from the ceiling and people rushing all around me in between contractions that never seemed to stop. They lifted me from my bed to the table with such ease that kind of surprised me. The anesthesiologist then began her spinal tap/block or something that numbed my body up to my neck. There where two problems here, one being that they couldn't find a place to get it in (which there is much bruising as a result) and secondly my body wasn't becoming numb properly. When they started cutting I could feel it. Yikes! Then came the local numbing and morphine....Here is when things become fuzzy, you know the teacher in Charlie Brown movies and how she talked that is what began to happen. Then the room began to zoom in and out. However, I could here some distinct things like Micah crying and then John bringing him to me so I could kiss him. The rest is almost a dream; I do remember that I began to sing quietly because I was scared there was something wrong happening. Here is what I sang"You are my God, You are My King, You are my Maker, My everything" ………Then I woke up in my room.

There were a few problems and I bled a lot during surgery. I later passed out and vomited. My hemoglobin dropped to a 6 something and yesterday I was a recipient of some ones blood donation.

I am feeling much better. Yesterday, I got to just enjoy my new little boy who I love so much. His head is so soft and he smells perfectly of baby. He is everything that I have dreamed he would be the last 40 weeks. He is my joy in pain. He is amazing, my little one. He is truly God's great gift to me.



Welcome to the world my son!



Tuesday, April 22, 2008
My Baby Boy!

So, we are going to have a boy Sept. 13th! I am excited, but a little nervous. For the past eight years, I have done the girl thing. I know girls! Boy's are totally different. It will be fun! My dad was really excited about having a grandson! He has been around way too many girls his entire life. Now he has someone to do all his Royal Ranger stuff with!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Baby Picture!


So here is my beautiful baby. He/She is only seven and half weeks old, so you can't figure out what gender my baby is yet. We will just have to wait 8 weeks for that. But, you could see it's little heart beating. Nothing could calm my heart more than seeing that little heart fluttering. When you have had a mischarriage before, seeing that wonderful heart beating strong just gets you excited. So, today I am one happy mommy!
I love you already, baby!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006
White Elephant



So I know it is Christmas time, because I always get invited to a handful of white elephant exchange Christmas parties. OH, how I love those! Why do we insist on exchanging second-hand goods? I had a pretty arduous day yesterday. It went something like this...

My whole family is ailing (except me, the mother, of course; but my turn is coming I know it) so I had to buy various cold meds; because one doesn't like grape flavor and one doesn't like bubble gum and one is 31 and needs something stronger.

Then I went and got soup, popsicles, orange juice ... all the needed provisions for those sneezing and hacking and burning up and germafying (new word I made up.. thank you) my abode.

I had to get a million (and yes I am not exaggerating here : ) presents for Sunday school teachers, kids church teachers, Missionettes teachers...not to mention that I haven't even gotten a gift for my eldest daughters teacher at school. And here is where I find my fabulous white elephant present. For a moment all is well with the world.

Then I had to drive to Midland to go to Wal-Mart. I am never going there again. Well, at least not during the holiday season. Who knew that there were that many people in the world and why were they all in the Christmas aisle?!

Then off to my doctor, yes me, for those of you who don't know I have been dealing with a pain in my right side for over three years. So yesterday my doctor decides that I have exhausted all my non-surgical avenues and I am finally ready to see a surgeon and have scope done. I told her that I was really concerned about cancer and she said, "No, you would be dead by now and you don't look dead." Some how that was reassuring...I think.

Then back to the house of disease and misery. I think they didn't move the entire time I was gone.

Time for a quick dinner that nobody ate and then off to my church's women's group Christmas party. (Food good, entertainment "interesting", conversation wonderful)

Here is what made my day… giving my white elephant gift. It was the worst one I might add and I am pretty proud of it. However, I don't think the elderly lady that received it was thrilled. But here is to one Grinchy day and a great white elephant gift...



Oh yes, it is a candle!



Thursday, April 06, 2006
Could this happen to you?

If anything ever embarrassing has happened to you maybe you will understand. Sunday night we have youth group and I usually wear jeans. After youth group we go to McDs with our Senior Pastor and his family. I was helping my oldest with her food and my Pastors wife said, Christina, sit down right now. So immediately I did what she said. I was so afraid to ask why, because I knew there was something wrong with me. She said, You have a rather large tear in your pants. Ugh! I was totally mortified everyone at the table saw it. You just never want your pastor and his wife seeing your underwear. Thankfully I had a coat to tie around my waist. I scooted myself off to the bathroom, where I became more mortified. Not only was it a tear, it was a tear from the bottom of my belt to the top of my thigh and getting worse with every move. Thank you Lord for my coat. I went back to the table and joked with them (trying to hide my embarrassment) . We tried to figure out when it happened and came to the conclusion that it happened on the way to McDs. I was so thankful that it didnt happen in youth. We had the youth over on Monday and I told the funny story to them. To my shock and to add more to my embarrassment one of the boys said that he noticed it in youth. UghghghghghgughgggUgh Arghghhha. What is wrong with mewhy didnt I feel the ghastly tear!



Thursday, April 06, 2006
Mother-in-law dies and there is peace!



Thought the title would catch your attention!


I found myself at the grocery store yesterday and as usual I got stopped by two of our church members. I find that living in a small town your grocery purchases are never private. Which sometimes can be awkward? However, I was there to buy popsicles for school the next day. As I was trying to decide which fancy delight to select, one said, Hello. This woman is such a kind heart and a pleasant individual. She then proceeded to tell me about an answer to prayer which I am always excited to hear about. I had prayed for her daughters circumstances at a womans get-together last month. Her daughter is pregnant. She has complications during pregnancy and has to have someone with her 24/7. Their two bedroom home was really too small for their expanding family. She really just wanted for us to pray for peace in her heart about the whole situation. Well, that is precisely what I prayed, that God would bring peace and be her provider. So hear was the answer. A week later her mother-in-law passed away very suddenly. (This is exactly how she said it) Well, in my crazy head I thought, And this is good because.?! The father-in-law asked them to move in with him. He has a four bedroom home and he evidently is retired. Wow, what and exact answer to prayer, but not at all what I envisioned. I then told her that it wasnt my hope to have someone die. The other lady then said, I guess, I dont want you praying for me someone might die. We all laughed. But we all thanked God for His provision and His plan. Thank the Lord that He sees the bigger picture. What seems to be horrible, He can make something good out of it and answer prayer.


As I was walking in the parking lot with my scribble popsicles (crayon shaped popsicles that change colors when you lick them and quite the hit at school today!) I began to laugh out loud. What a funny thought, God answered my prayer?! someones mother-in-law died and peace was given to her. I am going to be very careful when I pray about my mother-in-law. Hahahahahahahaha I love how God just makes me laugh. What a joy He brings to my heart. I love the sense of humor that He gives to us.



Saturday, February 18, 2006
On Turning 30...Looking Back!



Looking back at the twenties

Wow, a lot of first come to mind.

Getting married


Living on my own


Life without school


First place in full time ministry


First pregnancy


First birth


First child


First home


Having a second child


Sending my daughter to kindergarten


Amazing to see how much happened in my twenties. God is so good to me. I am so thankful for the journey He has allowed me to take. I have learned so much about how to be a good wife, mom, sister, daughter, friend, and child of God. I know that God is going to teach me a lot more. I am excited to see what God is going to do next.

Funny side note ...Tonight at dinner my oldest was eating chocolate cake and my youngest yelled out at her, "You're eating stanky dog poop!" Needless to say chocolate cake didn't seem too appetizing anymore. We are getting a little caked out anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!