Friday, March 5, 2010

31 Virtues for our Kids ~ Purity



Purity


Over the next few months we will be praying for 31 Virtues for our Kids maybe even for ourselves too!


Psalm 51:10 (King James Version)
10Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.





I love watching my children create things out of their art supplies. They are always so proud of their creations. Whether it is a crayon drawing or a vest and hat made out of duct tape, creating is definitely a major part of our household. One of my favorite things to do is create stuff. I like to paint, make crafty things, change old things and make them new; that is the reason I like this verse. The psalmist is asking God to create something in his heart, a clean heart. He wants to have a pure heart and a right spirit.




I love how God can take something old, used or ugly and make something new, beautiful and alive! I truly believe this is a verse we should pray into our lives everyday.
This is a verse about purity. My girls have been learning a lot about purity in their girl's church clubs on Wednesday nights. Purity is being clean on the inside...that is what God wants for us. We need His help. We can not get clean on our own. That is why this verse is so powerful and why we should pray it for our children and for ourselves. We need God to purify us ...give us that clean heart and right spirit.


*"Create in them a pure heart, O God, and let that purity of heart be shown in their actions"


*by Bob Hostetler, it is excerpted from Pray! magazine issue #4, 31 Biblical Virtues to Pray for Your Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!