Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Story About Girl & a Boy and Their New Kitchen! Part 3

So, this endeavor seems to be getting a lot longer than I thought it would. I find that I have to do a little at a time, which is not in my nature to do. I like to do things fast, quick and get it done; however, that usually means I take short cuts and do a half-baked job. I want my kitchen to look good so I have to do it well and it is driving me crazy how tedious it is getting.




I almost finished our main bathroom. It was very interesting watching my cute hubby fight with the plumbing; but he did it mostly on his own. I am very proud of his ability to stick with something and get it to work! Good Job, John! I love my new cabinet and the new color in my bathroom. The picture does not do the color justice.







We are redoing our laundry room too in the process. We are turning it into a laundry room/half bath. My girls are very excited about this change...no more waiting for a certain person to get out of the bathroom. We won't mention any names so we do not embarrass that individual. hehehe I worked on that room ALLLLL day Tuesday. It was rough! The wall was pretty bad and needed much patching and sanding before any painting could happen.








Yesterday, I began the process of painting my cabinets white. I got wonderful cabinets for free from my most wonderful Aunt Diane. Thank you, thank you and a BIG THANK YOU to her! I had to sand, put on two coats of primer and two coats of paint on them. I was only able to do the frames of the cabinets and today I tackle the doors. I am pretty pleased how they turned out.

My upcoming projects are....
Paint the rest of my cabinets.
Finish removing the popcorn ceiling (I will post about that later UGH!)
Paint the ceiling and kitchen walls.
Paint all the molding and doors.
Paint the ceiling in my bathroom.
Paint my kitchen table.

My hubby's upcoming projects are....
Help Bob C. do the electrical.
Help Bob C. knock out part of our kitchen wall.
Help Bob F. do the plumbing
Help Bob C. do the flooring
Work on any drywall repairs.
Help me work on the molding.
Help Pastor Brad make my 2 custom cabinets.


Yikes the list seems crazy and we are going to be very busy. To be honest, I am very afraid of all the work to be done for some reason. I guess biting it off in little pieces will help not make it too daunting. What have I gotten myself into!!!!!!!!

But I will as always....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!