Tuesday, October 26, 2010

31 Virtues for Our Kids ~ Gratitude

Gratitude

Over the next few months we will be praying for 31 Virtues for our Kids maybe even for ourselves too!

Ephesians 5:20 (New Living Translation)
And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Colossians 2:7 (New Living Translation)
Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.
Here is a picture of my daughter at her "Thanksgiving Feast" at school a few years back!


Thanksgiving is coming up in a month. I love this holiday it is so yummy and fun! I enjoy my time with my family and of course all the food. I savor the sounds of football in the background. Conversations with family around the table are a delight. The day is full of warm fuzzies. My favorite part is when we give thanks to God for all that He has done.

However, I want me and my family to have a heart of gratitude every day. There is no one like our God and we are forever grateful for all He has done and given to us. Everyday we should shout His wonder and be deeply thankful for His goodness.

I love ardently love the Colossians passage. The word picture is amazing, it is an "If -Then" verse...

If=

1. Our roots grow down into Him

Grab a hold of Jesus!

2. Our lives be built on Him

Our foundation is Jesus and we need to build on Him all that we are and all that we do!

Then=

1. Our faith will grow strong!

If our faith is week go do the "If" part!

2. We will overflow with thankfulness

When we grab a hold of Jesus and build our lives around Him then our faith will grow strong. We will then have a deep understanding of our Great God and then how could we not then be so full of gratitude that it does not spill out all over the place??!!

Ooooooo that will preach!

*"Help my children to live lives that are always overflowing with thankfulness and always giving thanks to God the Father for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ"



*by Bob Hostetler, it is excerpted from Pray! magazine issue #4, 31 Biblical Virtues to Pray for Your Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!