Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wednesday's Walk ~ My 3rd Baby Story

I thought that I had this pregnancy thing down and surely I would be a pro in the delivery room. Words can not describe how wrong I was! My son's grand entrance into this world was beyond anything I could have been prepared for.

My OBGYN felt that this little guy was getting way too big for my belly and thought it best to get him out around his due date then to let him go on growing in my stomach. We got up early on a Friday morning and started the induction process. Nothing happened, after a whole day having serious contractions I was sent home. I have never felt so much frustration in my life and I had to start it all over again on Monday morning.



Monday morning, we began the process again; but this time they were going to get this baby out one way or another. We tried everything to get me to dilate....I mean everything....to no avail....ugh! After many hours, every time I would have a contraction my son's heart rate began to drop. A decision had to be made.....that decision was to get him out A.S.A.P! That meant a C-section. Actually, there was no thinking or pondering ... we made that decision very quickly. Our son was in trouble and he needed help. We found out later that he wasn't coming out the right way and the cord was wrapped around his neck. So the prepping process began!



This picture says so much without any words! LOL


We gave the go ahead... then there were a lot of people and things happened very fast. I was off to the surgery room and then more trouble began. My body would not take the anesthetics to numb my body. As they began the process of getting him out I was feeling things I should not...so then came the morphine to help. That was the weirdest experience of my life (I have never had any kind of drug that altered me like that). I was able to hang on to hear my sons faint cries in the distance and kissed him and then I remember some problems going on with the doctor sewing me up and then I was asleep.




I am so thankful my hubby grabbed this picture...it is all I really remember!




When I woke up, I was in my room. I had never felt so drained and just plain yucky in my life. I saw my daughters, my mom and sister and held my son before they left. As soon as they left the room started fading out and I passed out. To make a long story short I lost way too much blood in surgery and was in need of a blood transfusion. I have never felt so horrible in all my life. It took three days for me to begin to feel okay.


Look at how pale I was!


So with all that commotion I felt that I really missed the precious moments a mother has with their newborn child. My hubby got to have them instead; he really stepped up to the challenge and took complete charge over his care and mine. Oh and apparently, they watched Monday night football together. My hubby was my knight in shinning armor.




My heart grew 3 sizes bigger the day my son was born. From the moment I knew he was coming, I knew that God had a plan for him. I could already feel God working that out in him the moment I held him in my arms.






My son is more wonderful than words can say. He is all boy and I am loving it every minute. I was scared at first about having a boy...I was use to girls and everything was pink in our house, Polly Pockets reigned in our home. Slowly now the cars and trucks are taking over! Footballs, soccer balls and basketballs can be found rolling around under your feet in the living room. And the sound of extreme laughter from a very little guy fills our home. He is full of character and full of love. He is amazing and a pure joy to me and our family!




Here is the life verse we picked for our little guy...
Micah 6:8


He has showed you, O man, what is good.

And what does the LORD require of you?

To act justly and to love mercy

and to walk humbly with your God.



We already know that God is working out a great plan for our little man!



I blogged about him one of the days I was in the hospital you can check it out here




Jenilee at The Goodwin Family is hosting Wednesday's Walk.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I found you through Jenilee on Wednesday's Walk. My third child was also a son and I had difficulty with him being born as well. I didn't have to have a C-section, but I did have pre-eclampsia. He was 8 days late and they had to strip my membranes to get my labor going. (That was 30 years ago...no fun at all!)

    Anyway, it's nice to meet you and I am officially following you now. :-)

    God bless,

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor, poor you!!!!! not fully numb for a c-section... I had forgotten that bit of information about you my friend!!! he is so cute and totally worth it, isn't he?? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!