Friday, January 29, 2010

31 Virtues for our Kids ~ Faithfulness

Faithfulness

For the month of January we will be praying for 31 Virtues for our Kids maybe even for ourselves too!

Proverbs 3:3 (New International Version)
Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.

I fluffed my pretty white dress, checked my veil, made sure I was holding my bouquet just right and put my hand into my dads arm . On that day, I walked down a beautiful aisle and at the end stood my best friend who I married that day. Until then, I never really had to work out faithfulness to such a degree on my own outside of my relationship with Christ. Marriage is a representation of Christ and the church and I take that very seriously. On that day I promised John that I would love him and be faithful to him till death us do part. So every day John and I are being an example of faithfulness.




Faithful: true to one's word, promises, vows, etc. steady in allegiance or affection; loyal; constant. reliable, trusted, or believed.

I want my children to see faithfulness in us. That means I must do my best at our marriage. There are days I am not going to get it right, but I can not give up. Thankfully, I can teach them that God never fails that is what is so cool about Him. We can count on Him all the time. He is faithful all the time because He is faithfulness.
Along with praying for our children to have faithfulness lets pray that God would help us in the same thing. That we would be faithful in our relationships and the promises we have made. That we would be a good example in this divorce ridden, promise breaking world. Help us to be a light in the darkness.

*" Let love and faithfulness never leave my children, but bind these twin virtues around their necks and write them on the tablet of their hearts."




*by Bob Hostetler, it is excerpted from Pray! magazine issue #4, 31 Biblical Virtues to Pray for Your Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!