Saturday, April 24, 2010

Today, She Turns 10!

Today, my oldest turned ten. She wanted to have a Willy Wonka birthday party and that is exactly what she got. I am now trying to recover from my sugar coma as I write this....

The invitations went out and golden tickets were found...

Hold your breath

Make a wish

Count to three


Come with me

And you'll be

In a world of pure imagination!


Everyone must sign the agreement....

Who can take a sunrise ...Sprinkle it with dew...Cover it in chocolate...And a miracle or two?
The candyman...The candyman can...The candyman can cause he mixes it with love....And makes the world taste good!



Fun goody bags complete with a toothbrush of course! One of my favorite parts of the original movie....

What do you get when you guzzle down sweets?
Eating as much as an elephant eats?
What are you at getting terribly fat?
What do you think will come of that?
I don't like the look of it




She loved opening her presents...crafts, ChixO's, Little Missmatched flip flops and of course Duct Tape!



This was the best birthday cake replacement ever...dipping angel food cake in chocolate...pure heaven!




My favorite part of the old movie...lickable wallpaper...achieved with dot candy!



And of course Oompa Loompa dance training!


My darling turned 10 today and I realized that some of that child like wonder is starting to fade with each growing up day. I just want to soak it all in. Thank you Lord for giving us such a beautiful, talented, creative, smart girl. She is truly a gift to us. Bless her in every way imaginable.
A very profound quote......
Time is a precious thing. Never waste it. ~ Willy Wonka












2 comments:

  1. You outdid yourself on this one Christina!!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is TOO fun! What a creative party! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!