Friday, November 5, 2010

Freeing the Fat ~ Helpful Friends

Wow, my hubby has really helped me break through this exercise problem I have been struggling with. When I don't have the motivation, he does! This morning he didn't have the motivation and for once in a really long time....I did (even though I was extremely tired, how weird is that????!!!!) It makes the boring exercise seem...well...not as boring. When we have a lot to talk about the time really flies by fast. I am loving exercising with him.


God's Lesson For Me

I have always been better and more consistent when I had a scheduled plan with a friend. When you do that there is someone holding you accountable and forces you to get up and move.


God's plan was never for us to face things alone, even at the beginning He knew that. So, if you are struggling with making time, being consistent or even need some encouragement...please find a friend to exercise with you.


Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 (New Living Translation)
9 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. 10 If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.


Meals for the Week


I did not stick to a strict diet grrrrrrrr. I tried to not over eat and keep portions sizes at the right amount. Too many temptations got the better of me...candy, apple cider, doughnuts, pie. Christmas is going to kill me! I am going to have to work on a plan. I am a sugar addict....seriously.


Two things I noticed about my old eating habits...


1. I ate way too many carbs. I only eat about 2 servings of starches/ breads a day now. Before, I did not watch out for those nasty little carbs....I ate them all willy-nilly not realizing how they would add to my weight issues.


2. Juice is the "KISS OF DEATH!" I tricked myself into thinking I was way more healthy than my hubby who drinks Mt. DEW (Yuck) because I drank juice. There are a few things about juice that I learned....



  • It is not as good as eating fruit, juice has lost a lot of the fiber and nutrients in its juiced form. Well, unless you juice it yourself and eat all the pulp.

  • However, you are still drinking your fruit in a concentrated form. For example: On my 1,200 calorie diet I can have two fruit servings a day. When I made some freshly squeezed OJ, I took like five oranges to get a 1 cup (not a glass like usual) of juice....Yikes!

  • Juice has almost the same amount of calories as some pops. Whoa!

I try to avoid juice now and just eat the fruit.


Exercise


Exercised 3 times this week for 50 intense minutes....I think it will get easier... LOL !Yay, for me!


Food's Favorite Friends!


I am Loving Mustard these days! Okay, it is weird I took a picture with my mustard...but hey, it makes my food taste happy. There is like nothing in mustard...no calories, no carbs, no fat...okay, okay there is a little sodium. When you are eating healthier it is nice to not lose some of the flavor. I put mustard in my tuna salad. I put mustard on my new favorite salad...cheeseburger salad (One of these days I will take a picture of it) . I use mustard when ever I get a chance. Have you ever noticed what a funny word "mustard" is!


So here is a shout out for mustard...."Thank You, dear mustard for making my food taste not so bland! You are a helpful friend"


Oh, and hey if you have the faith of a mustard seed you can do some pretty amazing things....


Matthew 17:20 (New Living Translation)
20 “You don’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible."


Life Change Challenge!


Always, keep in mind moderation!


Next Week!


Strict 1,200 calorie meal plan and exercise and see how it goes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!