Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Reflection

Thanksgiving is such a wonderful time with my family and this year was no exception. I love the
warm colors, the smell of roasting turkey, the feel of cozy hugs, the taste of cinnamon in my mulled cider and the sounds of children giggling in far off rooms away from the eyes of parents.

I hope and pray you had a pleasant Thanksgiving with your family. I hope you remembered to be thankful for all that God has given to us. He is truly good!

The table was set...


The food was made...

My first pumkin pie!!!!


Yummy pumkin cookies with frosting, recipe below.


Kids at the Kid Table...

and Enjoying family!




For fun I let the girls take my camera and take as many pictures as they wanted to...here is Thanksgiving through their eyes...






Great time had by all and made for very sleepy babies!!!






Pumpkin cookie recipe
Ingredients:
4 cups of all purpose flour
2 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
2 t cinnamon
1 t allspice ( I've never used it in mine so far)
2 cups vegetable shortening
2 cups sugar
1 can (15oz) Libby's Pure Pumpkin
2 large eggs
4 t vanilla extract, divided
2 cups raisins(I don't ever use this!)
1 cup nuts (I also never use this)
2/3 cup butter, softened
3 t rum extract ( I only use a drop, really it's not necessary)
4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup Nestle carnation evaporated milk

Preheat over to 350f. Combine flour, baking pwder, soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice in medium bowl. Beat shortening and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl for 30 sec. Add pumpkin, eggs and 2 t vanilla extract; beat until blended. Gradually add flour mixture into pumpkin mixture at low speed until combined. Stir in raisins and nuts (if you choose to do so:) Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake for 12-15 minutes or intil edges are golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2min; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Spread each cookie with frosting.

For the frosting:)
Beat butter, rum extract and remaining vanilla in medium bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar and evaporated milk until smooth. The frosting will be thin.

Enjoy!!! This recipe makes probably 40ish cookies. Don't eat them all in one sitting like I probably could. Pace yourself. Maybe only make a 1/2 recipe.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!