Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Blog Party


Photobucket

I am joining a blog party at Dancing Barefoot. Go check it out here.

Here are some questions they wanted me to answer to get the party started.

How would people describe your personality? (If they could only use ONE word.) Are they right? Sweet...I hope!

What celebrity/celebrities would create a “Star-Struck” feeling if you saw them in real life?
Harrison Ford

Who is your favorite blogger? Why?
Jenilee because she is dear, wonderful friend.

What is your comfort food/drink?
Diet Coke or Chocolate (any kind, in any form any time of the day)

Be brave – tell us something very random and weird about yourself.
I hate washing my face...I don't do it when I go to bed; just when I take a shower in the morning. Good thing I don't wear a lot of makeup...gross!

Do you have a strong desire to do something you’ve never done? What is it?
Go to Paris

Movies: Action, Drama, Romantic Comedy, Documentary, Comedy? What are your favorite genres?
All of the above...you name it and it is good ...I like it! Oh and it has to be G, PG or maybe PG 13 that is pushing it though.

Books: Fiction, Non-Fiction, Romance, Biographies, True Stories, Self-Help, Devotional/Study? What are your favorite types of reading material?

I love fiction. I love Jane
Austen,. I love my Bible the most.

Music: Funk, Rock, Country, Jazz, Classical, Film Score, Blues, Classic Rock, Crooner, Alternative, Heavy Metal, Techno? What are your favorite types?
Worship and a guilty pleasure Michael Buble

If you inherited a million dollars, what is the first thing you would do with your money? Tithe, Give, Save and then Spend. ; )

Name one weakness of yours (confession is good for the soul).
I am a food addict.

If you could live anywhere at all (and take all your loved ones with you), where would you go?
Anywhere warmer!

Strange Talent? Can you juggle basketballs, put your legs behind your head or perform some other strange feat?
Wiggle my ears!

What’s something you consider yourself to be good at? (Don’t worry, it’s not bragging, it’s acknowledging a God given gift).
Painting & Drawing

What is one of your favorite things to catch a whiff of?
Freshly baked cookies

When you leave a social gathering, do you wish: You would have talked more or You would have talked less?
Both?!

If money wasn’t a factor, what stores would you shop in?
Any stores in general because I don't do much shopping now!! IKEA would be one on that list!!!

What is your greatest fear or strange phobia?
GERMS, GERMS and more GERMS!

What is your greatest accomplishment?
Becoming a Wife, Mom & Minister

What are your favorite animals?
Dogs

Are you a hopeless romantic?
Yes

What movie or book character can you most relate to? Elizabeth, Pride and Prejudice


GET JOY


22 comments:

  1. i want to go to paris with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to wash my face, too!!! I do it anyway because I do wear make-up, but I will stay up later just to not have to get up and go wash my face. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, Harrison Ford is some kinda good lookin'!!!

    I am a wee bit of a germaphobe now that I have a little girl myself.

    And I do love a good diet coke. That will be what I drink while pigging out on my pizza once I stop nursing!

    And I definitely tried to wiggle my ears while reading your answers! I can't. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey my mom can wiggle her ears :) I tried for HOURS as a kid. NOPE...I didn't inherit the talent.
    I am a NUTSO germaphobe when it comes to things like....(I gag thinking of it) bobbing for apples and swimming in public pools. LOL ;)

    OH and the face washing.....I do that in the shower - I have TONS of stuff(from well meaning marykay and avon friends)but always forget to take it in the shower so.....it just stacks up :)
    WHO HAS TIME?!

    Great to meet you!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are able to give a lot of info in such a concise fashion. I am slightly jealous, bad I know, but I have a really hard time with being concise and not overly wordy. (See, I'm doing it in this comment!) Michael Buble oh that voice, yep love it! Another Jane Austen fan superb! Thank you for the encouragement to try the watercolors and pottery. I hope to someday soon. So nice to meet you. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to meet you! I have a great passion for food too and boy oh boy does it show in my hips! LOL But it just gives more of me to love right?!
    Have a beautiful day!
    Michelle
    Faith on Fire

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christina! What a JOY to stop by here...I am always telling my family that... to Get Joy,, and Keep it with us.
    Your warm, freshly baked cookies have sent me to my kitchen to..... yep,, bake cookies...Thanks. :)
    I am also a germaholic...always telling the kids to scrub, scrub, scrub!
    Isn't it funny that you don't like to wash your face at night... I am just the opposite.
    Enjoying perusing your blog today..
    Fun Party, isn't it!
    ( and, I too, love Jenilee!)
    Blessings,
    September

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate washing my face before going to bed too. I skip it more then I should! And, I the smell of just baked cookies...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you bolded the proper spelling of Ms. Jane's last name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog hop post!

    I can also wiggle my ears :) and can relate to many of your answers.

    Have a great day!

    Amy @ Missional Mama

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to meet you! I would love to go to Paris! And Yes, I can play piano with my toes, just not very well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love chocolate and Diet Coke too, and I hate washing my face and watching movies rated higher than PG-13!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I once knew a girl who's nose would wiggly when she laughed. It moved like a rabbits nose. It was hysterical. But, I've never seen anyone who can wiggly their ears. This would be so interesting. Sounds like a youtube video in the works kind of think, what do you say? =D

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. New friends are so welcome any time.

    ~Cathy Kennedy, Children's Author
    The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! Thanks for dropping by my blog! I enjoyed reading some of your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am also addicted to food, love Jennilee and chocolate, hate germs, and never wash my face at night.

    Maybe we're sisters! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Christina! I'm technically Kristina with a "K". :-) But I go by Kris.

    Really enjoyed reading your answers!! I hate washing my face before bed too! I rarely wear makeup so that's ok.

    It was nice to "meet" you. And thanks for coming by my blog!! :-)
    Blessings!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Christina. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I too am a food addict/recovering junk food junkie, especially anything chocolate. Wee started a new healthier diet last year, but lately we haven't been doing so hot. For example, we had pizza at a friends house last night and will be eating the leftover pizza at lunch from what my husband had at work for lunch and while we were at the friends house for his dinner...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by today! I LOVE chocolate too, only not in the morning. Any other time of day though. :) I also hate to wash my face. Now I know I'm not the only one, so I don't have to feel so guilty about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Uh yeah... chocolate!!! But yeah I'm a Jane Austen girl all the way. Such romantic and witty literature! I see that you are from Gladwin. I live down in Livingston county. We have a couple good friends (practically family) that live in Gladwin.

    Nice to have "met" ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jumped on over to your blog from the blog party...so fun! I am the complete opposite when it comes to washing my face, if I feel a little dirty, or can't shower, I HAVE to wash my face to make me feel clean. haha! I'm addicted to washing my face!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah, yes! I DO think Harrison Ford would create a Star-Struck Feeling for me. :) After all, we did name our son after him! (Not really, but sort of). ha!

    I adore Jenilee. Wish I had access to her in real life because I know we'd have a blast together.

    Thanks for joining the blog party!
    Hope you're having a blast and making some new chums.
    Lynnette :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by GET JOY! I enjoy getting comments on my posts so feel free to leave one. Have a blessed day and .....

GET JOY!